The Dean’s Award will be given out by Algoma University in the academic year 2023-2024 to help overseas students with the expenditures of attending college in Canada.
All first-year international students at Algoma University are automatically considered for the Dean’s award, a merit-based prize worth $5,000. Academic experience is required, and applicants must have earned a B+ or its equivalent in relevant courses at the university level or higher in their home countries. Value of the Award is $1,000.
Algoma University, sometimes abbreviated to “Algoma U” or just “Algoma,” is a public institution of higher education with its main campus in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. It was founded in 1965. We strive to make Algoma University a place where everyone feels at home and valued as a student, faculty member, or staff member.
The educational and experiential options available to Algoma University students are virtually limitless. The university’s foundation is built on students’ life stories, and the lessons they teach us help us make a bigger difference in the world.
- Algoma University Dean’s Awards Highlights
- Eligibility For Algoma University Dean’s Awards
- How to Apply For Algoma University Dean’s Awards
- Algoma University Dean’s Awards Benefits
- Final Conclusion
- Algoma University FAQs
Algoma University Dean’s Awards Highlights
- University: Algoma University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $1,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Deadline: Applications will close for overseas applicants on December 16th, 2022.
Eligibility For Algoma University Dean’s Awards
- Overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Undergraduate or graduate-level programmes offered at Algoma University can be applied for.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be studying on a full-time basis (24-30 credits over two consecutive terms of study).
How to Apply For Algoma University Dean’s Awards
- The students can apply for admission via the university portal. All eligible students will be considered.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Submit copies of all transcripts, including secondary school transcripts, secondary school diplomas, post-secondary school transcripts, and diplomas/degrees
- Send proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable)
- Gap Letter/Gap Explanation
- Copy of Study Permit/Visa
- The applicants must meet the country-specific admission requirements of the university.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- CAEL (paper-based, computer edition, or online) – 60
- Cambridge English Qualifications – 176
- Duolingo English Test (DET) – 110
- IELTS Academic (including IELTS Online) 6.0 overall
- TOEFL – 550 (paper-based)
- TOEFL – 79 (Computer or Home Edition)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic & PTE Academic Online) – 60
Algoma University Dean’s Awards Benefits
Algoma University will award the winning candidates an award worth $1,000 towards their first year of study.
International students who have completed their previous academic qualification with a minimum country equivalent grade average of B+ and are starting their first year of study at Algoma University are eligible for the Dean’s Award, a $1,000 entrance award (using the Algoma U grading scale). Individuals who are interested but do not currently meet the requirements must be full-time students (24-30 credits over two consecutive terms of study). A discount will be given to students who register for fewer than 30 credits but more than 24 credits. In order to enroll in any academic program at Algoma University, students must first meet all prerequisites during the academic year in which they intend to enroll.
Algoma University FAQs
For International Students: Algoma University is a good option?
Students at Algoma University come from over 30 different nations, making it one of the most multicultural schools in Canada. This fact alone demonstrates why Algoma is a great place for foreign students.
How competitive is it to get into Algoma University?
Undergraduate applicants submitting a U.S. high school diploma must produce an official transcript indicating satisfactory completion of five Grade 12 academic courses, including English, with an overall minimum average of 70%. (B).
Which one most favored campus in Algoma University?
Our Sault Ste. Marie and Timmins campuses provide students a taste of the real North, while those in Brampton get a taste of city life. Each campus is designed to give students the skills and knowledge they need to be successful in their chosen field of study.