A*STAR PhD Graduate Awards, Pursue your PhD education, Singapore. There’s good news for phd candidate!
The application period for the Singapore International Phd degrees Graduate Awards in A*STAR is currently open. In this essay, we’ll go through the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), its perks, and the application process in depth. International students can apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award 2022-2023, which is a fully financed award. This award is only available for PhD research. The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) covers tuition fees, a $2,000 monthly stipend, a $1,000 one-time settling-in allowance, and a $1,500 one-time flight award.
Related Awarded Scholarships:
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between A*STAR, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Singapore serves as a gateway to some of the region’s fastest-growing economies. With SINGA, you can complete your Phd programs in Singapore, create global connections, and pursue your research career.
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) carries out mission-driven research to foster scientific discovery and technological innovation. We play a critical role in cultivating and developing talent and leadership for our research institutes, the broader research community, and industry.
Interesting Facts About A*STAR
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) is responsible for mission-driven research that enhances scientific discovery and technical innovation. For our Research Institutes, the wider research community, and industry, we play a critical role in nurturing and developing talent and leaders.
Our research contributes to Singapore’s economic growth and job creation. In terms of research and development, we bridge the gap between academia and industry as a Science and Technology Organization. We aim to integrate the relevant capabilities of our research institutes and engage with the wider research community as well as other public sector entities to achieve meaningful and impactful outcomes in these endeavors. We develop industry sectors in collaboration with other public sector agencies by:
working with Local Enterprises for productivity and growth; and nurturing R&D-driven Start-ups by seeding for surprises and shaping for success.
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) is a catalyst, enabler, and convener of significant research activities among Singapore’s and other countries’ research communities. We cooperate with public and private sector partners to bring science and technology to the benefit of the economy and society through open innovation.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): A*STAR
- Study in: Singapore
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: June, 2022 , August 2022 intake
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) covers
- Tuition fees.
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to $2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination.
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000.
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500.
Eligibility Criteria for Singapore International Graduate Award
To be eligible for Singapore International Graduate Award, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results.
- Good skills in written and spoken English.
- Good reports from academic referees.
How to Apply for Singapore International Graduate Award?
Please follow the following instructions to avail Singapore International Graduate Award:
(1) Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in. From here:
- A*STAR Supervisors and Projects
- NTU Supervisors and Projects
- NUS Supervisors and Projects
- SUTD Supervisors and Projects
(2) Prepare the following documents in advance before applying:
- Identification card or Passport.
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format).
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Two recommendation reports minimum (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
(3) Register from here.
(4) Log into your account and press apply to scholarship (choose Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)).
(5) Fill the application form.
- Do not mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- ALL transcripts need to be in English translation.
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results are optional.
- It is recommended to complete the essay questions on a word processor outside of the applicant portal, and to copy and paste the essays to the respective questions when completed.
- Please ensure that you referee rapport are submitted within 7 working days upon submitting the application forum.
To know more about Singapore International Graduate Award, please visit Official Website.