Continue your education in the United States. There’s good news! The Horatio Alger National Scholarship is now open. We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
The Horatio Alger National Scholarship is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship available to American students. The Horatio Alger National Scholarship grants a total of $25,000 in funding. It is awarded to 106 applicants who are interested in attending a college in the United States.
The Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the most important scholarship programs for high school students who have overcome huge obstacles in their young lives. It is one of the largest college financial aid programs in the country. The Horatio Alger National Scholarships are funded by Horatio Alger members who, like the scholars, have overcome challenges to become great business and community leaders.
The National Scholarship is available to qualified students from all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. National Scholars are awarded all-expenses-paid travel to Washington, D.C., during their final year to attend the National Scholars Conference. To obtain the honor, recipients must attend the National Scholars Conference.
The Horatio Alger National Scholarship application is a common application, which means you only have to apply once and you’ll be considered for all of the Association’s scholarship programs. Your application and all relevant documents must be uploaded to your online application by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Also check: Fulbright Scholarship 2023 USA | Fully Funded
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): American Colleges (Horatio Alger National Scholarship)
- Number of Awards: 105 scholarships
- Award: $25,000 each
- Nationality: Domestic
- Access Mode: Online
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: 1st December to March 15, 2023.
Also check: University of Melbourne Scholarship 2023 Australia (Fully Funded)
To qualify for the Horatio Alger National Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Language: English
- Countries: USA
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution).
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required).
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Be a United States citizen
Also check: GSAPP Scholarships at Columbia University 2023 USA
The Horatio Alger National Scholarship provide the following benefits:
- Grant $25,000 to 105 students for four years of undergraduate studies at any college of USA.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for the Horatio Alger National Scholarship:
- To know more about Horatio Alger National Scholarship, please visit Official Website.
Horatio Alger National Scholarship FAQs
What is the aim of the Horatio Alger National Scholarship?
The group awards the Horatio Alger National Scholarship to remarkable Americans who demonstrate devotion, purpose, and tenacity in their personal and professional life. Recipients have often overcome difficulties. Each prize winner becomes a lifetime member of the group.
How does the Horatio Alger scholarship operate?
A $55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required. In co-curricular and community service activities. Maintain a minimum GPA must be 2.0. US citizenship.
How many candidates get the Horatio Alger Scholarship?
Over 1,500 students in every state, Puerto Rico, and DC receive scholarships. 105 students get $25,000 from the National Scholarship program yearly.