The exciting opportunity provided by the Humber College Scholarships, now open for applications. This comprehensive guide will illuminate the details of the scholarship, its perks, and the step-by-step application process.
The Humber College Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025 is a fully funded initiative tailored for international students pursuing undergraduate and master’s studies. The Humber College Scholarships offering include one full tuition scholarship and one $5,000 scholarship available in January. Additionally, seven $5,000 scholarships and two $3,000 scholarships will be accessible in September.
Humber College, situated in Toronto, Canada, attracts over 3,000 international students from more than 130 countries worldwide. Renowned for its diversity and comprehensive academic offerings, Humber stands out as an exciting educational destination, catering to a wide range of interests. The Humber College Scholarships, bestowed at the time of admission, serve as tuition fee discounts, reflecting the applicant’s consistent academic performance, community involvement, reference letters, and statement of interest. The distribution of scholarships spans the three academic semesters each year: Winter (January-April), Summer (May-August), and Fall (September-December).
Committed to facilitating students in their academic pursuits, especially concerning financial aspects, Humber offers various scholarships for international students. These range from one-time awards of $1,000 to renewable full tuition fee scholarships. With over 29,000 full-time students, including 3,800 international students from 100+ countries, Humber College provides bachelor’s degrees, diplomas, and postgraduate certificates across 180 programs on its two main campuses in Toronto. An additional 23,000 part-time students opt for Humber for ESL programs, short-term certificates, online education, and more. Join the vibrant Humber community and set the stage for a rewarding educational experience in Canada.
More About Humber College in Toronto
Humber College, officially known as Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, stands as a prominent public college of applied arts and technology in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Established in 1967 by the first president, Gordon Wragg, Humber boasts two main campuses: Humber North and Lakeshore.
The journey began on September 11, 1967, with the opening of the initial segment at James S. Bell Elementary School on Lake Shore Boulevard West. The Lakeshore Campus, located on Queen Elizabeth Way in Etobicoke, commenced operations with manpower retraining programs. The North Campus, inaugurated in November 1968, marked a collaborative effort between Mayors Edward A. Horton of Etobicoke and Jack Moulton of York.
Experiencing a surge in student enrollment during the early 1970s, Humber responded with expansions on both campuses, solidifying its status as the college with the province’s highest number of business students. Introducing three-year co-op programs in various technological and business domains, Humber rapidly grew to become Canada’s largest college, accommodating nearly 27,000 full-time and 50,000 part-time students.
The early 1980s witnessed Humber’s commitment to developing innovative programs, focusing on business and industry needs, and incorporating schedule flexibility. Pioneering computer applications in technology programs and introducing flexible manufacturing, Humber expanded its offerings to include a solar technology degree at the Lakeshore Campus, emphasizing the emerging sector’s demands. The college engaged in a significant global outreach program, reaching over 20 nations by 1987, with the Government of Canada (CIDA) establishing a worldwide initiative.
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters
- University Name: Humber College in Toronto
- Study in: Canada
- Deadline: Varies according to program
The Humber College Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- One full tuition scholarship and one $5,000 scholarship are available in January, while seven $5,000 scholarships and two $3,000 scholarships will be available in September. The scholarships will be applied toward the successful students’ tuition fees.
- The Humber College Scholarships are renewable, but the student must maintain a minimum average of 75% in order to be eligible for renewal.
Eligibility for Humber College Scholarships
To be eligible for Humber College Scholarships, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Required Language is English and applicants should meet the Humber’s English Language Requirements (Check HERE).
- All World Countries students are eligible.
- Bachelor’s Degree scholarships are available to students coming directly from high school or secondary school studies who are non-transfer students.
- Applications will be considered based on academics, community involvement, referee/reference letters, and statements of interest.
How to Apply for Humber College Scholarships?
Please follow the following steps to avail Humber College Scholarships:
- You must first apply for admissions before you can apply for the scholarship
- The scholarship application form will be included in your acceptance package.
- You will also need to provide:
- Personal Information.
- Academic Information.
- English Proficiency.
Apply on Official Website link given below, and visit to learn more about the Humber College Scholarships Awards.