Outstanding students in Japan can apply for the academic year 2022/2023, Nagasaki University is offering Asian Student Foundation Scholarships.
Only ambitious students from Asia who wish to begin undergraduate or graduate degree study at the university are eligible for the scholarship programme.
Nagasaki University is a Japanese national university that was founded in 1949. It educates approximately 9,000 students, 300 of them are international students from various countries. Undergraduate and graduate degree programmes are available at the university.
What are the benefits of attending Nagasaki University? Nagasaki University globalisation assistance focuses on our students cross-cultural interactions and supports their decisions and challenges. We facilitate study abroad and co-education with international students, as well as programmes to improve English proficiency and joint activities with the Language Education and Research Center.
More About Nagasaki University
Nagasaki Daigaku (Nagasaki Institution) is a Japanese national university. Chodai is its nickname. Bunkyo-machi, Nagasaki City, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan is home to the main campus.
Nagasaki University was founded in 1949 when the Nagasaki Medical College, Nagasaki College of Economics, Nagasaki Normal School, Nagasaki Youth Normal School, and Nagasaki High School merged to become Nagasaki University.
Mitsubishi Arms Factory used to have a plant on the new main campus (Bunkyo Campus).
Nagasaki Medical College was the first of the predecessors. The branch office of the Tokugawa Shogunate formed it in November 1857 as Medical Training Institute. J. L. C. Pompe van Meerdervoort was the institute’s inaugural professor, and it was one of Japan’s first western-style medical schools. The hospital was created in 1861, and the school became a public medical school during the Meiji Restoration.
Nagasaki Medical College established the Institute of Tropical Medicine to conduct basic and applied research on endemic diseases in East Asia. Under the new National School Establishment Law, the institute amalgamated with other facilities to become Nagasaki University in 1949.
Nagasaki College of Economics was another noteworthy forerunner. Nagasaki Higher Commercial School was established in March 1905. After Tokyo (1887), Kobe (1902), and Yamaguchi (February 1905), it was Japan’s fourth national commercial college, with the goal of preparing students to do commerce with China, Korea, and Southeast Asia. The Advanced Course for Trade (one-year course) was added in 1917, and the course building was completed in 1919.
Nagasaki University Scholarship Description
- University or Organization: Nagasaki University
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Undergraduate and graduate degree
- Awards: 20,000 Yen
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan.
- Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before October 2022.
Eligibility For Nagasaki University Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Students from Asia only
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate and graduate degree programs in various fields.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Must be international students
- Must have applied for an applicable course at the Nagasaki University.
How to Apply For Nagasaki University Scholarship
- How to Apply: To be considered for this Nagasaki University Scholarship, applicants must apply, all candidates need to be enrolled in the applicable program first. After enrolling, they can send their application for this Nagasaki University scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be provided together with the application for admission: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: To take part in an undergraduate degree program, you will need to have a high school diploma. And for the master’s degree program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and university.
- Language Requirement: To take admission in an applicable program, candidates must have sufficient ability of the English language if they are non-native English speakers. Applicants must have at least intermediate language skills to take courses conducted in English.
Nagasaki University Scholarship Benefits
All the candidates of the undergraduate degree program will get to win a scholarship worth 20,000 Yen and graduate degree program applicants will receive a scholarship of 20,000 Yen. The scholarship will be offered in the form of a monthly stipend.