Continue your education in the United Kingdom. There’s good news! The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships are now accepting applications.
This post will go over the details of the fellowship programme, its rewards, and the application process step by step.
International students can apply for the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships 2022-2023, which are fully funded masters scholarships. The recipient of this fellowship receives a full tuition fee waiver, upkeep for University housing, and a monthly stipend.
International Development is a priority at the University of Sheffield. ‘Celebrating, promoting, and growing the volume of the work that we do to enhance the lives of others through our international partnerships, both locally and internationally’ is one of the University’s strategy’s themes.
Building on this commitment, the University, in partnership with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer 10 scholarships (over three years) to international students from developing countries for a variety of Sheffield Institute for International Development-affiliated courses.
More About Sheffield University
Sheffield University is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. Its origins can be traced back to the establishment of Sheffield Medical School in 1828, Firth College in 1879, and Sheffield Technical School in 1884. In 1897, the three institutions merged to form University College of Sheffield, which was granted a royal charter as the University of Sheffield by King Edward VII in 1905.
Sheffield is made up of 50 academic departments divided into five faculties and an international faculty. The institution’s annual income for 2020–21 was £741 million, with £163 million coming from research grants and contracts, and an expenditure of £708.6 million.
According to new data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency, Sheffield ranks among the top ten UK universities for research grant funding, and it has risen to first place in the UK for income and investment in engineering research (HESA). Along with UCL, King’s, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, and Oxford, it is one of the top seven British universities in terms of postgraduate student enrollment.
The university is a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group and one of the original red brick universities. It is also a member of the Worldwide Universities Network, the N8 Group of Northern England’s eight most research-intensive universities, and the White Rose University Consortium. For the past fifteen years, QS has ranked Sheffield as a top 100 university in the world. The University was ranked 22nd in Europe for teaching excellence by Time Higher Education in 2019.
Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Sheffield
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: Master’s Degree Program in the following areas:
- MA International Development
- MSc Environmental Change and International Development
- MPH (Masters in Public Health) International Development
- MA International Relations
- MA Social Research
- MA International Political Economy
Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship Coverage
Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Full tuition fee waiver,
- Maintenance for University accommodation,
- Monthly stipend.
Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the countries or territories as listed at the official website.
- You must hold an offer for one of the courses mentioned above to study at the University of Sheffield by a deadline.
- Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship, You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2022. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2022.
How to Apply for Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarship?
Please follow the following instructions to avail this scholarship:
- You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form.
- You will need to include certain documents to support your application; previous qualifications, personal statement, Proof of your previous degree(s), and 2 Academic references.
- IETLS Overall score of 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in each component.
- You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories
To know more about Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarships, please visit Official Website.