The ETH Zurich is pleased to announce that it will be offering the ETH4D Research to Action Grants for international students in order to develop prototypes and give researchers exploratory chances for entrepreneurship.
These action grants are open to everybody. Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, and Postdoctoral students from anywhere in the world who are currently enrolled at ETH Zurich are welcome to apply. The winning candidates will each get 5,000 Swiss francs (CHF) to use whatever they see fit.
The Swiss Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) is a prestigious public research university. In the QS Global University Rankings for 2023, it comes in at number nine. The federal government of Switzerland established the institution in 1854 with the goal of creating a center for the education of engineers and scientists.
Also check: Harvard University Free Online Courses 2023 USA
Future-thinking is a core value at ETH Zurich. Data and information, health and medicine, materials and production, and accountability and sustainability are the four focus areas. In order to provide students with real-world experience, the university makes room for exploration, innovation, and adaptability in its degree programs.
- University: ETH Zurich
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, Doctoral or Postdoctoral
- Award: 5,000 CHF
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Country: Switzerland
- Application Deadline: There are four application deadlines per year: 30 April, 30 June, 31 October and 31 December 2023.
To qualify for the ETH Zurich Scholarships, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Swiss and international students can apply.
- Students can apply for projects that demonstrate global development-related impact by bridging the gap between research and practice, at ETH Zurich.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be employed or enrolled at ETH Zurich.
- The applicants with projects revolving around activities in a “least-?developed”, “low-income” and “lower-middle-income” country and direct involvement of collaborating institutions or agencies from said countries will be given preference.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the ETH Zurich Scholarship:
- The students must first enroll and gain admission in their desired programme. Then, to apply for this opportunity, they must complete a grant application form.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Completed electronic application form
- Project description and objectives
- If applicable, a letter of support from a non-academic partner or collaborator
- Detailed budget
- Financial confirmation letter by ETH professor or unit
- CV of the applicant, including publication list (max. 2 pages)
- One reference letter from within ETH
- The applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of their desired study programme at the bachelor, master, doctoral, or postdoctoral level, to secure admission.
- The students must be proficient in English and German language and meet the proficiency requirements of the university.
The ETH Zurich Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Material for developing innovative ideas (e.g., prototypes) to address a challenge faced by global development practitioners (e.g., NGOs, foundations, start-ups, international organisations) (max. 5kCHF)
- Organization of or active participation in a stakeholder workshop, non-academic conference, or policy dialogue (max. 5kCHF)
- Production of a video showcasing the research results (max. 2kCHF)
- Exhibition or other creative formats showcasing the research results (max. 5kCHF)
- Travel back to the field to present and discuss research results (i.e., doctoral project) with local stakeholders and participants
Dr. Des. Adina Rom (Executive Director)
- Phone phone: +41 44 633 85 65
- E-Maile: firstname.lastname@example.org