Pursue your research going in Canada. There’s good news! The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships programme is currently accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. International students can apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships programme 2022-2023, which is a fully funded scholarship. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships will pay $70,000 each year for two years to the recipient.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships programme funds the top postdoctoral candidates from around the country and around the world who will make a beneficial contribution to the country’s economic, social, and research-based progress.
Seventy new two-year fellowships will be awarded annually, distributed equally across Canada’s three federal granting agencies: The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to help establish world-class research capacity by attracting top-tier Canadian and international postdoctoral researchers at a competitive funding level.
The goal is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, to help them develop their leadership potential and position themselves for success as tomorrow’s research leaders, contributing to Canada’s economic, social, and research-based growth through a research-intensive career.
Banting Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Host Institutes (Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity.)
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
- No of Scholarships: 70 fellowships are awarded annually
- Program Period: Two years
- Deadline: September 22, 2022
Banting Scholarship Coverage
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The applicant will get funds up to $70,000 per year for two years.
- 70 fellowships are awarded annually
Eligibility Criteria for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
To be eligible for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants to the 2022-23 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2019 and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2022.
- For applicants who have completed more than one PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
- Please read more on eligibility requirements here
How to Apply for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program?
Please follow the following instructions to avail this fellowship:
- Before you apply you Contact your desired institution is eligible to host a Banting Fellow through Here. and if you are hoping to be hosted at a Canadian institution, please see the Universities Canada website through Here for a list of Canadian academic institutions and their research areas.
- Contact the desired host institution/supervisor
- Applications must be completed in full collaboration with the potential host institution.
- Applicants must be endorsed by the institution’s president (equivalent or designate).
- Applicants are responsible for supplying their proposed institution and referees with the documents necessary for them to write their respective letters.
- From the outset of the application process, applicants and their host institution should discuss:
- The details of the fellowship -appointment.
- Any benefits offered to the Banting postdoctoral researcher.
- Any financial obligations associated with the appointment (union dues, insurance premiums, etc.)
- The availability of any research and/or other support.
- The rights and responsibilities of postdoctoral researchers.
- Any other institution-specific policies that might apply to a Banting postdoctoral researcher.
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts
- Make sure you have the following or click the links to register:ResearchNet account – a web-based application tool and funding opportunity/decision database that is used by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program here.
- CIHR PIN – unique personal identifier required to apply for this program through here.
- CCV account – a web-based tool that allows you to manage your CV data in a single repository and generate CVs as needed for all member organizations here.
- Start a Research Net application from here
- The applicant will have to fill the following:
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement
- The applicant will have to fill the following:
For more information Here.
To know more about The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program, please visit Official Website.