In Thailand, pursue your studies. There’s good news! The application period for the Government of Bhutan Scholarship 2022 is currently open.
In this essay, we will go over the Government of Bhutan Scholarship, its benefits, and the application process step by step.
For international students, this Scholarship 2022 is a fully financed scholarship. This scholarship is exclusively available for master’s degree programmes. Round-trip flights, tuition and other academic fees, housing, a monthly stipend, a book allowance, and health insurance are all included in this scholarship.
Through its world-class education, the institution has transformed individuals, communities, and the world. Students can obtain a once-in-a-lifetime academic experience here. The university provides academic, leadership, and social opportunities for its students to succeed.
More About Bhutan
Officially known as the Kingdom of Bhutan, is a landlocked country located in the Eastern Himalayas between China and India. Bhutan is known as the “Land of the Thunder Dragon,” or “Druk Yul.” Although Nepal and Bangladesh are close neighbours, they do not share a land border. The country has a population of over 754,000 people and a land area of 38,394 square kilometres (14,824 square miles), ranking 133rd in terms of land area and 160th in terms of population. Bhutan is a constitutional monarchy and the state religion is Vajrayana Buddhism.
The country’s lush subtropical plains in the south give way to the subalpine Himalayan mountains in the north. There are peaks in Bhutan’s Himalayas that rise more than 7,000 metres (23,000 feet) above sea level. Gangkhar Puensum is Bhutan’s highest peak and the world’s highest unclimbed mountain. Bhutan’s wildlife is notable for its diversity, including the Himalayan takin. Thimphu is the capital and largest city.
Bhutan and neighbouring Tibet witnessed the spread of Buddhism, which originated in the Indian subcontinent during Gautama Buddha’s lifetime. The Vajrayana school of Buddhism spread to Bhutan from the southern Pala Empire of Bengal in the first millennium. During the decline of Buddhism in India, Tibet, Bhutan, Sikkim, and parts of Nepal became the last bastions of the Mahayana schools. Bhutan was also influenced by the Tibetan Empire.
Ngawang Namgyal united the valleys of Bhutan into a single state in the 16th century. Namgyal defeated three Tibetan invasions, subjugated rival religious schools, codified the Tsa Yig legal system, and established a theocratic and civil administration government. Namgyal was the first Zhabdrung Rinpoche, and his successors served as Bhutan’s spiritual leaders, similar to the Dalai Lama in Tibet. During the 17th century, ruled over large swaths of northeast India, Sikkim, and Nepal, as well as Cooch Behar State. During the Bhutan War in the nineteenth century, Bhutan ceded the Bengal Duars to British India.
The House of Wangchuck ascended to the throne and sought closer ties with the British in the subcontinent. In exchange for internal autonomy, a treaty was signed in 1910 that guaranteed British advice on foreign policy. The arrangement was maintained through a new treaty with India in 1949, in which both countries recognised the sovereignty of the other. Bhutan became a member of the United Nations in 1971. Since then, it has established diplomatic relations with 55 countries, including Bangladesh, Israel, Kuwait, Brazil, Japan, Thailand, and Turkey, as well as the European Union. Maintains its own military units despite its reliance on the Indian military.
The 2008 Constitution creates a parliamentary government with an elected National Assembly and a National Council. Bhutan was one of the founding members of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC). Bhutan ranked third in South Asia in the Human Development Index in 2020, trailing only Sri Lanka and the Maldives. It is also a member of the Climate Vulnerable Forum, the Non-Aligned Movement, BIMSTEC, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, UNESCO, and the World Health Organization (WHO). It ranked first in SAARC in 2016 in terms of economic freedom, ease of doing business, peace, and lack of corruption. Has one of the world’s largest hydropower water reserves. Climate change-related glacier melting is a growing concern in Bhutan.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Government of Bhutan
- Study in: Thailand
- Deadline: October 30, 2022
- Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health
- Environmental Toxicology
- Chemical Science
- Two years
Scholarship provide the recipient with below benefits:
- Round trip airfare
- Tuition and other academic fees
- Monthly stipend;
- Book allowance,
- Health insurance and
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
To qualify for Government Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. Applicants must have demonstrated English proficiency, preferably on one of the two recognized tests of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Applicants under 30 years of age
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 in one of the following fields:
- Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences;
- Medical Sciences: Medicine, Medical Technology; and
- Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Have experience in scientific laboratory research;
- Applicants must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the
How to Apply for Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship.
(1) Download and complete the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Postgraduate Scholarship Program’s application form.
(2) Downlohttp://www.rcsc.gov.bt/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/application_form_for_non_asean_academic_year_2022.docad and complete the medical form.
(3) Send via email the scanned file of the application form and the entire supporting document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts of academic record and graduation/degree certificates
- Official evidence of English ability
(4) After step (3) is completed, send all the original documents via postal services to this address:
Chulabhorn Royal Academy, Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI Scholarship Program) 906 Kamphangphet 6 Road, Talat Bang Khen, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND
To know more about Government of Bhutan Scholarship, please visit Official Website.