Exciting news! Applications for the Chalhoub Scholarship in France are now open. This article will provide detailed information about the scholarship, its advantages, and the application process.
The Chalhoub Scholarship 2024-2025 is a fully funded opportunity for international students, supporting both undergraduate and master’s studies. Successful applicants will receive a scholarship amounting to 12,300€ per year.
Sciences Po is a renowned international research university, recognized for its academic excellence and global perspective, particularly in the humanities and social sciences.
The Chalhoub Scholarship enables students to pursue studies at Sciences Po, offering programs at the undergraduate level at the Sciences Po campus in Menton, Southern France, and at the graduate level in Paris.
The selection process for Chalhoub Scholarships is stringent and overseen by selection committees comprising representatives from academic programs, Sciences Po’s strategy and development department, and the international affairs division.
More About Science Po University
The Paris Institute of Political Studies, commonly known as Sciences Po Paris or simply Sciences Po, is a prestigious institution with campuses located in Paris and various other cities in France.
Established in 1872 by Émile Boutmy as the “École libre des sciences politiques,” Sciences Po was founded with the aim of modernizing the education of France’s political leaders. Boutmy envisioned a curriculum that focused on contemporary history rather than classical studies, which were typically emphasized in universities at that time. Over the years, Sciences Po has played a significant role in France’s public service system, with many French public servants having studied at the institution alongside their university studies.
Sciences Po underwent substantial reforms in the mid-1990s, led by Olivier Duhamel, to broaden its focus and prepare students for roles in the private sector. These reforms also aimed to diversify and internationalize the student body and curriculum, positioning Sciences Po as a primary higher education institution for students. While political science and history remain core disciplines, the curriculum now includes courses in additional social sciences such as sociology, economics, and law.
In addition to its Paris campus, Sciences Po has established campuses in Dijon, Le Havre, Menton, Nancy, Poitiers, and Reims. However, the institute faced several scandals, leading to a crisis in 2021, highlighting the challenges it has faced in its history.
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters
- University Name: Science Po University
- Study in: France
- Award: Fully Funded
- Courses Offered: The scholarships are open to study the undergraduate and master’s degrees in any subject offered by Science Po University.
- Program Duration: 3 years for undergraduate, 2 years for masters
- Application Deadline:
- February 22, 2024 (Undergraduate)
Note: Admissions for the 2024 intake open in November.
- December 3, 2024 (Masters)
Note: Admissions for the 2025 intake will open at the end of September 2024.
- February 22, 2024 (Undergraduate)
Chalhoub Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The successful undergraduate will receive a scholarship amounting to €14,600 per year for the duration of their 3 years undergraduate studies program and amounting to €23,300 per year for the duration of the 2 years Masters program (covering partial tuition) if the student continues his or her studies at Sciences Po at the Masters level.
Eligibility for Chalhoub Scholarships
To be eligible for Chalhoub Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages is English
- Eligible Countries are Saudi Arabia, UAE, Koweit, Bahrein, Lebanon, Syria, Qatar, Egypt, Yemen, Jordan, Oman, Iran, and Iraq.
- Candidates must be accepted to Sciences Po undergraduate studies program (Menton campus) or to one of Sciences Po’s Masters programs.
How to apply for Chalhoub Scholarship in France?
Please follow the below steps to avail Chalhoub Scholarship in France at Science Po University:
Step-1: Create an account, visit the link here.
Step-2: Choose your program:
- Check the list of Masters and dual degree programs, visit the link here.
- Undergraduate programs, visit the link here.
Step-3: Complete your application:
- Request an academic reference
- Upload the required documents.
Step-4: Note: All official documents in foreign languages must be translated into French by a certified translator.
Step-5: This is the final step! Once you have filled out all the information fields in your application and have uploaded all the required documents, you must submit your online application. You may subsequently be requested by the Admissions Office to add or replace some of the attached documents in the event of illegible or insufficient information.
Step-6: No other application specific to the Chalhoub scholarship needs to be made.
To learn more about Chalhoub Scholarships, please visit Official Website given below.