Columbia University Scholarships present an exciting opportunity for both domestic and international college students with the Humanity in Action Fellowships, designed to engage students in exploring global issues. The applications for the 2024 program are now open, offering a chance for eligible candidates to become part of this enriching experience.
Fluency in English is a prerequisite for applicants to this Columbia University Scholarships program, which targets undergraduates from specific nations pursuing studies in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields. The Columbia University Scholarships generously covers program fees and housing, fostering an environment of learning and collaboration.
Renowned globally as a top-tier research institution, Columbia University holds the 22nd position in the QS World University Rankings 2023. Committed to cultivating a diverse and international academic community, the university boasts extensive global academic connections.
Columbia University stands out for its dedication to advancing learning across all fields through global research and teaching initiatives. Recognized for academic excellence, the university embraces an innovative and sustainable approach to global engagement.
Participation in the five-week Humanity in Action program comes at no cost, including complimentary housing. However, participants are responsible for their travel expenses to and from the program location, with Humanity in Action covering this cost for fellows who demonstrate a genuine need. This initiative reflects Columbia University’s commitment to providing accessible and impactful opportunities for aspiring scholars from around the world. Don’t miss your chance to be part of this esteemed program and apply for the Columbia University Scholarships.
- University Name: Columbia University USA
- Department: Liberal democracy, pluralism, human rights and social justice within the specific historical and cultural contexts
- Study Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Nationality: Domestic and International students
- Award: Fully Funded
- The award can be taken in USA.
- Deadline: 4th February 2024
Eligibility for the Columbia University Scholarships
Eligibility requirements for the Columbia University Scholarships are as follows:
- Students from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, France, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Ukraine or the United States can apply.
- The Columbia University Scholarships applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicants must be currently enrolled, full-time sophomores, juniors, or seniors.
- The applicants must be applying from one of the eligible locations.
- The applicant must demonstrate English fluently (all programs are conducted in English)
The Columbia University Scholarships provides the following benefits:
- The scholarship award presented by Columbia University covers the costs of participation in the five-week program as well as accommodation for the selected candidates.
How to Apply for the Columbia University Scholarships?
Applicants may apply through only one of the recruiting locations: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, France, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Ukraine or the United States. To apply for the Columbia University Scholarships, Kindly follow the simple and easy application procedure:
- Common Application portal and Coalition Application portal must be used by students to submit an admission application. Scholarship application details can be obtained on Here.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- 2 teacher recommendation.
- Secondary school report.
- Personal essay.
- Autobiographical information.
- Lists and descriptions of a student’s achievements, activities, employment and summer activities.
- The applicants must provide all necessary documents at the time of application.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 105
- IELTS – 7.5
- DET – 135
Columbia University FAQs
What GPA is necessary for admission in Columbia University?
Candidates for first-year study at the traditional campus are expected to have: A high school GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
Why is Columbia University so well-known for?
Research and innovation are its hallmarks. The university has the most Nobel Prize winners in America (84 to be exact). Four presidents, 90+ Pulitzer Prize winners, and 46 Olympians called Columbia home.
Is it hard to get admission into Columbia University?
Columbia is quite selective. The institution got 42,569 applications for the class of 2023 and accepted 2,247. Columbia is tied for third on U.S. News and World Report’s Best Colleges ranking.