ETH Zurich Scholarship opportunity is for you if you wish to pursue your master’s degree at a top Swiss university with a scholarship.
In this essay, we will go over what the ETH Zurich Scholarship is, its benefits, and the application process step by step. International students can apply for the ETH Zurich Scholarship 2022-2023, which is fully funded. This scholarship is exclusively available for master’s degree programmes. This scholarship includes a living and study allowance of CHF 11,000 every semester, as well as a tuition fee waiver.
The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Program (ESOP) and the ETH-D Scholarship are the two types of scholarships available. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding international and domestic students. A very good Bachelor’s outcome (top 10% of Bachelor’s programme = grade A) is a must.
ETH Zurich Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): ETH Zurich
- Study in: Switzerland
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Three or four semesters
- Deadline: December 15, 2022
Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Architecture Master
- Civil Engineering Master
- Environmental Engineering Master
- Geomatics Master
- Integrated Building Systems Master
- Spatial Development and Infrastructure Systems Master
- Landscape Architecture Master
- Biomedical Engineering Master
- Biotechnology Master
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Master
- Computer Science Master
- Cyber Security Master
- Data Science Master
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology Master
- Energy Science and Technology Master
- Materials Science Master
- Mechanical Engineering Master
- Micro and Nanosystems Master
- Neural Systems and Computation Master
- Nuclear Engineering Master
- Processs Engineering Master
- Quantum Engineering Master
- Robotics, Systems and Control Master
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Biology Master
- Chemical and Bioengineering Master
- Chemistry Master
- Computational Science and Engineering Master
- High Energy Physics Master
- Interdisciplinary Sciences Master
- Mathematics/Applied Mathematics Master
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Master
- Physics Master
- Quantitative Finance Master
- Statistics Master
System-oriented Natural Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences Master
- Applied Geophysics Master
- Atmospheric and Climate Science Master
- Earth Sciences Master
- Environmental Sciences Master
- Food Science Master
- Health Sciences and Technology Master
Management and Social Sciences
- Comparative and International Studies Master
- History and Philosophy of Knowledge Master
- Management, Technology and Economics Master
- Mathematics Didactics Master
- Science Didactics Master
- Science, Technology and Policy Master
ETH Zurich Scholarship Coverage
ETH Zurich Scholarship provides the recipients with the following benefits:
- The Excellence Scholarship/ESOP consists of a scholarship covering living and study expenses (CHF 12’000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver.
- The ETH-D Scholarship consists of a scholarship for living and study expenses (CHF 7’500 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department will additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 3’000 per semester or offer an assistantship (with a payment of CHF 500 – 600 per month). In Zurich it covers the demanded CHF 21’000/year for the migration office (in Basel at D-BSSE it covers CHF 24’000). Details see here (PDF, 79 KB).
Eligibility Criteria for ETH Zurich Scholarship 2022
To be eligible for ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’ (top 10% of Bachelor’s program = grade A).
- Please make sure to be reachable under the telephone number specified in your CV as the selection process might include a phone/VC interview in February
How to Apply for ETH Zurich Scholarship 2022?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- ESOP and ETH-D Scholarships applications are supplied via eApply (online Master application).
- If you are applying for more than one Master’s program, please submit a separate application form for each degree program.
- In addition to the documents for the Master admission you will need to upload a pre-proposal for your master thesis. See specifications here (PDF, 70 KB).
The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by yourself and use established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or – if discovered later – to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
If your study program does not ask for references you must name two reference persons for your ESOP application.
To know more about ETH Zurich Scholarships, please visit Official Website.