Start on your educational journey in Egypt! The applications for the Fully Funded Scholarships at American University in Cairo 2024 Egypt are currently open. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the intricacies of the Fully Funded Scholarships at American University in Cairo, unraveling its benefits and providing a step-by-step application process.
The Fully Funded Scholarships at American University in Cairo for the academic year 2024-2025 beckon international students to pursue master’s and PhD studies. These Fully Funded Scholarships at American University in Cairo, generously cover full tuition fees, offer comprehensive medical insurance, provide a monthly stipend, ensure student housing, and even equip recipients with a laptop.
A standout initiative, the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) Scholarship program, is a collaborative venture between the US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC), and AUC. TLG is dedicated to empowering academically proficient and economically deserving students, offering them the tools and experience necessary to contribute to knowledge advancement and address socially relevant challenges. Through structured graduate study and research, TLG focuses on professionalizing emerging leaders, proposing local solutions to shared issues in the MENA region.
It’s essential to note that there is no graduate admission during the winter sessions. Prospective students seeking graduate admission can apply for the Fall and Spring semesters. Additionally, for those interested in the summer sessions as graduate non-degree applicants, adherence to the application procedures for non-degree admission is crucial, with submission deadlines aligning with the following semester. Dive into this incredible opportunity at AUC and chart your path to academic and leadership excellence!
More About The American University in Cairo – Egypt
The American University in Cairo (AUC) is a leading Egyptian private research university offering American-style undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs, along with continuing education. Boasting a diverse student body from over 50 countries, AUC’s faculty includes experts from various fields worldwide.
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and Egypt’s National Authority for Quality Assurance and Assessment of Education, AUC was founded in downtown Cairo’s Tahrir Square. The 7.8-acre campus surrounds the historic Khairy Pasha Palace, and iconic structures like Ewart Hall, built in 1928, and Oriental Hall, constructed in 1932, contribute to AUC’s rich architectural legacy.
- Study Level: Masters / PhD
- University Name: The American University in Cairo – Egypt
- Study in: Cairo, Egypt
- Award: Fully Funded
- Courses Offered: Click here to view the available Scholarships
- Application Deadline: Application Deadline is divided into two calendars as given below.
- Scholarship Calendar (Spring 2024)
- The Scholarship application for spring 2024 will be available for all degree-seeking graduate students who wish to apply for a Scholarship starting October 5, 2023.
- The deadline for applying for spring 2024 is October 26, 2023.
- Scholarship Calendar (Fall 2024)
- There are two cycles for applying to fall 2024.
- Scholarship cycle 1 is from December 20, 2023 – January 16, 2024.
- Scholarship cycle 2 is from April 7 – May 7, 2024.
- Scholarship Calendar (Spring 2024)
The American University in Cairo Scholarships provide the recipients with below benefits:
- A monthly stipend.
- Student housing.
- Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters.
- Medical insurance.
- Internship/practicum opportunity including local transportation costs if needed.
- Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants (Visit the link here).
- Two annual round-trip economy air ticket from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control.
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Scholarships at American University in Cairo
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for the Fully Funded Scholarships at American University in Cairo:
- Required Languages is English.
- All World countries students are eligible.
- Meet AUC graduate admission requirements (Visit the link here).
- Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Possess maturity, flexibility and leadership potential, demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Financial need.
- The Scholarship is awarded for a duration of two years, in addition to any academic English language remedial courses which might be needed, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
How to Apply for the Fully Funded Scholarships at American University in Cairo?
Please follow the following application instructions to win the Fully Funded Scholarships at American University in Cairo:
- Check the admission deadline and plan ahead.
- Decide upon the graduate program you wish to pursue and are eligible for:
- Degree-seeking (master, graduate diploma, doctoral)
- Non-degree (regular, exchange, study abroad)
- Make sure to review the requirements listed for each program and take the time to read the instructions and the checklist for your intended program to prepare the required credentials and tests
- Submit the online application. Indicate your full name as written in your national ID card (for Egyptian applicants) or passport (for international applicants)
- Attach your credentials as instructed in the online application. You must include a clear copy of your valid personal ID
- At least two letters of recommendation must be submitted as instructed in the degree-seeking online application. Once you submit the selection of your evaluators, electronic notifications of your request will be sent to these evaluators and you will receive an email to confirm that your request has reached them. You can track the process until you are informed that their letters for you have been submitted to AUC. It is the applicant’s responsibility to track this process and to ensure that the evaluators submit their letters by the set deadlines. Only online letters of recommendation will be accepted
- Submit the required test results: plan ahead to take and submit any required tests by their due date. The recipient code for AUC for TOEFL and GRE test results is 0903. You are required to include this number when requesting online access for AUC to view your test results.
- Once your admission application is successfully submitted you will be contacted by AUC to let you know your AUC student ID number. Be sure to include it in all your correspondences with AUC
- The Office of Graduate Admissions will contact you by email at a later time to let you know the status of your application form and if at this first stage of evaluations you are required to submit additional documentation and by when. Your prompt response and cooperation will facilitate the swift evaluation of your application. Ensure that the email address you have indicated is correct and that your account is checked regularly for correspondences from AUC
- If degree-seeking applicants are interested in applying for funding opportunities offered at AUC, you must wait for five working days after you receive your AUC ID number to be granted access to submit funding-related applications. Read more about funding: scholarships, financial aid, and US loans.
To know more about the Fully Funded Scholarships at American University in Cairo, please visit Official Website given below.