Pursue your studies going in Austria. There’s good news! The Helmut Veith Stipend is now open. In this post, we’ll go over the Helmut Veith Stipend in depth, including its benefits and how to apply.
For international students, the Helmut Veith Stipend for Females in Computer Science 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is available for masters’s degree studies. The scholarship includes a stipend of EUR 6000 per year for up to two years, as well as a waiver of all TU Wien tuition expenses.
This scholarship honours the memory of a distinguished computer scientist who worked in the areas of computer-aided verification, computer science logic, computer security, and software engineering. Helmut Veith, a renowned champion and mentor for women in computer science, died unexpectedly in March 2016.
Funded students must make good progress throughout their studies and must live in Austria for the duration of their studies.
The Helmut Veith Stipend was established with the kind support of TU Wien, the Wolfgang Pauli Institute, and contributions from the late Helmut Veith’s family and friends.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): TU Wien
- Study in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: 2 years
- Deadline: November 30, 2022 (annually)
- Master in Logic and Computation
- Master in Business Informatics
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Master in Data Science
- Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
- EUR 6000 annually for duration of up to two years.
Eligibility Criteria for Helmut Veith Stipend
To qualify for Helmut Veith Stipend, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- The funding will only be awarded to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program.
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English.
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Formal Methods and Verification.
- Logic in Computer Science.
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence.
- Computer Security.
- Complexity Theory.
How to Apply for Helmut Veith Stipend 2022?
Please follow below instructions to avail Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science:
The following documents are required:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested to work with during their master’s thesis and why.
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- Copy of passport
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
A certified translation needs to be provided for documents that are not in German or English. Your application must be submitted electronically to ta.sc-cigol@retsam with a subject “Application” as a single PDF document. The name of the PDF file needs to be “document.pdf”
To know more about Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science, please visit Official Website.