How To Apply Chinese STUDENT VISA-2022

Chinese STUDENT VISA In 2022, the Chinese government expects 500,000 international students to enroll in its higher education institutions, and it has taken steps to ensure that all students, regardless of the length of their studies, will require a visa.

For international students, there are two types of visas: X1 and X2, which are issued depending on whether you will be in China for more than 180 days or less. We’ve made the procedure easier for you.

Latest Scholarships:

    Visitors to the People’s Republic of China’s mainland must obtain a visa from one of the Chinese diplomatic missions, unless they are citizens of one of the visa-exempt countries. The two Special Administrative Regions – Hong Kong and Macau – have their own independent border control policies and, as a result, their own visa requirements.

    Chinese visas are issued by Chinese diplomatic missions both inside and outside of China, as well as by the Exit and Entry Administrations (EEAs) of county-level Public Security Bureaus (PSBs). To enter China, a non-Chinese national must apply for a Chinese visa from a visa-issuing authority outside of China. Because Hong Kong and Macau maintain their own border control policies, ordinary Chinese visas are only valid for Mainland China and not for Hong Kong or Macau; therefore, travellers must apply for separate visas for Hong Kong or Macau if they intend to visit these regions.

    Complete Guide To Applying For A China Visa [100% Fuss-FREE]

    Get Latest Scholarships

    The People’s Republic of China allows holders of ordinary passports issued by certain countries to visit Mainland China for tourism or business for up to 15, 30, 60, or 90 days without obtaining a visa. Other nationalities, as well as residents of Hong Kong and Macau, must obtain a visa or a permit prior to arrival, depending on their nationality.

    To increase the number of tourists visiting the country, some Chinese ports of entry allow nationals of specific countries to visit specified regions within 72 or 144 hours if they are in transit to a third country. The Chinese government announced in 2014 that it planned to sign mutual visa facilitation and visa-free agreements with more countries in the future. Since then, a number of such agreements have been reached with various countries.

    All non-Chinese visitors, as well as permanent residents of Hong Kong and Macau, who stay in Mainland China for more than 24 hours must register with the local PSBs. When staying at a hotel, registration is typically completed as part of the check-in process. However, when staying in a private home, the visitor must physically report to the local PSB within 24 hours of arrival in cities and 72 hours in rural areas.

    All visa-free passengers, including those in transit, who stay for more than 24 hours must follow the rule, or face a fine or detention by the PSB for up to 15 days. Persons who fail to register with the local PSBs will be barred from using visa-free transit for two years from the date the offence was recorded, beginning in January 2018.

    China Student Visa | Study in China | China X1 Visa

    Holders of non-Chinese travel documents aged 14 to 70, with the exception of diplomatic passports, will be fingerprinted upon entry beginning on February 9, 2017. This new policy is currently in effect at Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport and will gradually be implemented at all border checkpoints and international airports by the end of 2017.

    X1 Chinese Student Visas

    All people who intend to study in China for more than 180 days must apply for an X1 visa.

    This is what you will need:

    • A valid passport during your entire stay in China.
    • The visa application form with the photograph.
    • The original admission letter from your university, JW201 or JW202, and a photocopy.
    • The JW201 or JW202 letters are issued based on the types of scholarships you receive from your university. The Chinese government knows which one will assign you and the university will tell you which form you must complete.

    X2 Chinese Student Visas

    All people who wish to study in China for less than 180 days must apply for an X2 visa.

    This is what you will need:

    • A valid passport during your entire stay in China.
    • The visa application form with the photograph.
    • The original letter of admission from your university in China and the photocopy.

    How much will your Chinese Student Visa cost?

    Depending on your country of residence, anywhere they usually charge between £ 20 and £ 100 for a Chinese visa. Check with your university or the portal of the Embassy of China in your country to get more information.

    Your university will help you in the visa application process. Always check with the international office if you have any questions.

    After arriving in China, you will have to apply for a residence permit, which you must do in person at the police station closest to your residence. You also have to do this every time you change your hosting.

    Get Latest Scholarships


      Find Perfect Scholarship

      Connect with us