Start your academic study in the United States. Scholarships for 2022 at Illinois Wesleyan University are now open.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process in this article. Scholarship 2022 at Illinois Wesleyan University is a full-tuition undergraduate scholarship for international students. Full tuition scholarships are available and range from $16,000 to $30,000 each year.
International students enrolling to enter the first year of university programmes offered by Illinois Wesleyan University IWU can apply for Merit-Based Scholarships, President’s Scholarships, and Need-Based Financial Aid. Students may be eligible for Illinois Wesleyan University IWU-funded scholarships, loans, and campus job opportunities in addition to merit scholarships.
The purpose of this award is to provide financial support to prospective first-year students who wish to apply to the university undergraduate degree programme.
More About Illinois Wesleyan University
In Bloomington, Illinois Wesleyan University was founded in 1850 as a private four-year college.
The College of Liberal Arts at Illinois Wesleyan was established in 1906, and the College of Fine Arts – combining art, music, and theatre arts – was established in 1948.
Beginning in 1923, Illinois Wesleyan University offered nursing studies in collaboration with the Brokaw School of Nursing, and in 1959, the Illinois Wesleyan University IWU School of Nursing was established with a four-year baccalaureate programme. From 1873 to 1928, the IWU had a law school.
In 1867, the Board of Trustees formally invited black students to enrol at Illinois Wesleyan, followed by women in 1870. Hannah I. Shur was the first female graduate, receiving her diploma in 1872. Gus A. Hill was the first African-American to earn a law degree, graduating in 1880.
Y. Osawa and K. Tanaka, the University’s first international students, arrived from Japan in 1889.
Illinois Wesleyan is a private, residential university with a student body of approximately 1,629. It has over 80 majors, minors, and programmes to choose from.
With an average class size of 16, the university maintains a low student/faculty ratio of 11 to 1. Furthermore, more than nine out of ten Illinois Wesleyan University IWU students receive a scholarship or need-based assistance. Illinois Wesleyan University also belongs to the Annapolis Group and has chapters of the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi honour societies.
The university is divided into three colleges: the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Fine Arts, which includes three professional schools: the Ames School of Art, the School of Music, and the School of Theatre Arts, and the School of Nursing. The campus of Illinois Wesleyan University is located in central Illinois, about 82 acres (330,000 m2) north of downtown Bloomington.
Three colleges offer bachelor’s degree programmes:
- Liberal Arts College was founded in 1906.
- College of Fine Arts: Art, music, and theatre arts schools were established in 1929, 1946, and 1947, respectively.
- Nursing School: Founded in 1959.
Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Illinois Wesleyan University
- Study in: USA
- Courses Offered: All undergraduate courses offered by university.
- Program Period: Four years
- Deadline: January 1, 2022 / February 15, 2022
Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships are of two types:
- Merit-Based Scholarships: These awards range from US$16,000 to US$30,000 per year and are renewable for up to 4 years.
- President’s Scholarships: These are full-tuition scholarships, which are renewable for up to 4 years of study.
Eligibility Criteria for Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships
To qualify for Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Merit-Based Scholarships: Applicants must be international students with outstanding academic achievement and test scores on the required entrance exams.
- President’s Scholarships: Applicants must be highly qualified international students based on their talents, interests and academic achievements.
How to Apply for Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
- Merit-Based Scholarships: Students who complete the admissions application are automatically considered for scholarships; no separate scholarship application is required.
- President’s Scholarships: Scholarship applications must be submitted by 15 February 2022 for Fall 2022 entry.
- Need-Based Financial Aid: International students must submit the CSS PROFILE to be considered for need-based financial aid. The PROFILE provides a detailed analysis of an applicant’s financial resources.The preferred deadline to submit the CSS PROFILE is 1 January 2022 for Fall 2022 entry.
To know more about Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships, please visit Official Website.