Begin your academic study in Germany. There’s good news! The IMB International PhD Program is presently accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. For international students, the IMB International PhD Program provides fully funded scholarships. This programme covers the costs of lodging and transportation.
International students can pursue their PhD degree in Mainz, Germany, through the IMB International PhD Program. The International PhD Program (IPP) offers outstanding and enthusiastic students the opportunity to pursue PhD studies at the cutting edge of modern biology. The underlying theme of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics, and Genome Stability is addressed through programme projects.
Biochemistry, genetics, cell and developmental biology, bioinformatics, systems biology, and applied physics are all covered by our organisations. CRISPR/Cas, NGS, gene network modelling, mass spectrometer, and super-resolution microscopy are some of the techniques you can study with us. The Institute of Molecular Biology, a newly founded center of excellence in life sciences, is in charge of the programme. The following are the locations of the participating organisations:
- Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB).
- Johannes Gutenberg University (JGU).
- University Medical Centre (UMC).
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): IMB
- Study in: Mainz, Germany
- Deadline: May, 2022
- Systems biology
- Applied physics
- Cell and developmental biology
IMB International PhD Program covers Costs for accommodation and travel.
Eligibility Criteria for IMB International PhD Program
To qualify for IMB International PhD Program, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Information required for application (click here to download an example)
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc).
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honours or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words).
- Details on research stay abroad during studies (if any).
- Details of past research experiences.
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation, date and location of the conference).
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call.
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words).
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB).
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
– University studies as far as completed.
(including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
– English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available).
– High school certificate (if available).
How to Apply for IMB International PhD Program?
Please follow below important instructions to avail this scholarship:
- Online registration from here.
Register online with your contact details and the details of at least two referees. Referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at a university or research institute. These referees should know you well.
- Online application form.
Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a link to your personalised online application form by e-mail. You find this link at the end of a guideline how to apply The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents.
As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
- Interview days.
About 25 – 30 shortlisted students will be invited to Mainz for interviews from 24 – 26 June 2021. The interviews will be held over 3 days and include presentations by the Group Leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews in the group(s) you could imagine to work with. Costs for accommodation and travel (also intercontinental) are covered by the IPP.
To know more about IMB International PhD Program, please visit Official Website.