Pursue your education. Australia. There’s good news! The Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship is presently accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article. For international students, the Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is available for research studies at the master’s and doctorate levels. This scholarship offers an annual living allowance of $36,200, a relocation allowance of $550, and a $1,500 research allowance.
The Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship (SJMN) was founded in remembrance of Sir James McNeill, who had a long relationship with Monash University. It is supported by a private trust.
This distinguished scholarship supports a student with living costs while studying at Monash and is open for research that is both ecologically responsible and socially helpful.
Monash University is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne. It was created in 1958 and is Victoria’s second oldest university, named after a notable World War I general, Sir John Monash. The university has four campuses in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), as well as one in Malaysia. Monash also has a research and teaching centre in Prato, Italy, as well as graduate research schools in Mumbai, India, and Suzhou, China. Monash University offers courses in a variety of locations, including South Africa.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Monash University
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Arts (School of Music only)
- Health Sciences
- Program Period: Scholarship is available for normal duration of study
- Deadline: October 31, 2022 (annual)
Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship will provide
- Annual living allowance: $36,200.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
- Research allowance per annum: $1,500.
Eligibility Criteria for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship
To be eligible for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship, candidates must fulfill following requirements:
- Required Language: English.
- English Language Test requirements for General: (6.5) overall (no band less than 6.0) in IELTS, and (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21 in TOEFL.
- English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business and Economics: (7) overall (no band less than 6.5) in IELTS, and (94 +) Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24 TOEFL.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An International student.
- A New Zealand citizen.
- An Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident.
- Australian humanitarian visa holder.
- Check the qualifications for admission to research master’s according to field of study: from here.
- Have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s academic record, research output and prior research experience.
- Have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
- Have submitted a scholarship application in the current year.
- Be undertaking research that is both environmentally responsible and socially beneficial.
How to Apply for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
- You need to receive an invitation to apply, before you apply. To receive one, you’ll need to complete an expression of interest and/or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research. This depends on the faculty/institute.
- Register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship, by click on “Apply Now“.
- All sections of online application are explained here.
- Indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application form.
You do not need to specify which scholarship you are applying as you are automatically considered for all graduate research scholarships (where eligible).
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate or testamur from awarding institution (including an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Research proposal.
Should no pre-existing relationship with a Museums Victoria Curator exist, please contact Mr Timothy Stranks (Museums Victoria) by email (email@example.com).
To apply and know more about Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship, please visit the Official Website.