The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarships are available for international students from all over the world who wish to conduct postdoctoral research at the Oesterr eichische National bank (OeNB) during the academic year 2022-2023.
A consultancy fee is paid to each Scholarship recipient, depending on the nature of the consultancy work. For the duration of the Scholarship, the fee shall not exceed EUR 10,000.
The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) has established the “Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship” to replace the economic research awards previously given out by its Economic Analysis and Research Department. This scholarship allows excellent researchers to contribute to the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department’s broad range of research activities by delivering consultancy services.
The Scholarship programme is aimed for Austrian and international economists and financiers with postdoctoral research experience and a solid research record in economics and finance. Applicants must be employed by a research institution in Austria or abroad, and they must be interested in broadening their research horizons and growing their personal research networks in a world where international research mobility is rising.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
- Study in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Economics and Finance
- Program Period: 3-6 months
- Deadline: October, 2022
Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Each Scholarship recipient receives a consultancy fee subject to the scope of the consultancy service. The fee must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire period of the Scholarship (net of value-added tax). This fee shall satisfy all claims of the scholarship recipient toward the OeNB.
- If the consultancy services are subject to value-added tax, the consultancy fee will be increased by the applicable sales tax rate (currently 20%).
Note: The Scholarship recipient pays for his/her own accommodation during the consultancy period. The OeNB will assist the recipient in finding accommodation in Vienna if possible.
Eligibility Criteria for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
To be eligible for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, these points should be considered:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Eligible candidates must have completed a PhD or hold an equivalent degree and published work and done scientific research in the fields defined in the call for Scholarship applications.
- Applicants can be of any nationality and there is no age limit.
- Only applications submitted by natural persons will be accepted. It is not possible to apply for more than one scholarship under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program.
- Eligible candidates shall be acknowledged experts with a proven track record in economic research and shall be well integrated in their research community.
- Applicants must provide proof of active employment with a research institution at the time of their application and for the period for which the Scholarship is granted.
- Applicants who have received a Scholarship under the program will not be able to re-apply. Neither shall applications for renewal be accepted.
- Employees of the European Central Bank or other central banks in the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) are not eligible for Scholarships.
To Know more about the Scholarship click here.
How to Apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship?
Please follow the following application procedure to avail Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.
(1) Provide the following documents and information:
- A letter of motivation, including an indication of the time period envisaged for the consultancy.
- A detailed consultancy proposal
- A description of current research topics and activities
- An academic curriculum vitae
- An up-to-date list of publications (or an extract therefrom)
- The names of two references that the OeNB may contact to obtain further information about the applicant.
- Evidence of basic income (employment contract with the applicant’s home institution) during the term of the Scholarship, i.e. the consultancy period at the OeNB.
- Written confirmation by the home institution that the Scholarship, i.e. the provision of consultancy services by
- The applicant, is not in violation of the applicant’s employment contract with the home institution.
(2) All documents must be compiled into one single PDF file.
(3) Send the PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, please visit the Official Website.