Knight Hennesy Scholarship opportunity is for you if you want to study at a top US university on a fully funded scholarship.
In this article, we’ll go over what the Knight Hennesy Scholarship is, what it entails, and how to apply. International students can apply for the Knight Hennesy Scholarship 2022-2023, which is a fully funded scholarship. Knight Hennesy scholarships are available for master’s and doctoral programmes. Knight Hennesy scholarships cover the full cost of tuition, as well as travel, living, and academic expenses.
Knight Hennesy Scholars is one of the world’s greatest scholarship programmes. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars programme will attract the brightest future leaders from all fields and regions to Stanford University. Multidisciplinary education, leadership development, and gaining a global perspective will all be part of your experience here.
According to Top Universities, Stanford University is rated #2 in the QS World Universities Ranking 2019. Stanford University is offering 100 fully funded scholarships to international students pursuing master’s, doctoral, MBA, MFA, MD, and JD degrees.
Citizens from all countries are encouraged to apply for Knight Hennesy Scholars. That’s understandable, given that Knight Hennesy Scholars are expected to have a global influence. The Knight Hennesy Scholars admission process is meant to help you get to know yourself better, to help us get to know you better, and to provide you the tools you need to make your best case for admission – all while making the admission process enjoyable for you.
Over time, we estimate around one-third of our scholars to be from the United States, with the other two-thirds coming from other countries. Those figures will change from year to year, as our goal is to admit the best students from around the world, regardless of where they live.
In 1885, Stanford University was established. It’s a place where people can learn, discover, innovate, express themselves, and debate. Over the previous 125 years, Stanford has moved with the world, frequently leading the way with new ideas and discoveries.
Stanford University is regarded as one of the best universities in the world. In the United States, the Knight Hennesy Scholarship Program attracts top students. They organised a diverse community of scholars, provide a platform for intentional leadership development, and equip you to have a large-scale good impact on the world.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Stanford University
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Scholarships are available to pursue Graduate (PhD) degree program in arts, engineering, education, humanities, or social sciences to professional degrees in business, law, or medicine. Click here to find all the available programs.
- Program Period: The Knight Hennesy Scholars program funds up to the first three years of your graduate education, and if your degree program exceeds three years — such as an MD or PhD. program, or a Stanford dual- or joint-degree program — then your Stanford home department will fund the remainder of your education to the extent consistent with its standard funding commitment for that program.
- Deadline: October 06, 2022 (For more details, click here)
Knight Hennesy Scholarship provides the recipient with following benefits:
- A travel stipend intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
- A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses).
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition (commensurate with the standard departmental level of enrollment) and associated fees.
- The Knight Hennesy Scholars program typically does not cover costs that your home department at Stanford pays for its students – such as for subscriptions or lab equipment.
- Knight Hennesy Scholars also may apply for supplemental funds to support academic endeavors (e.g. conference travel).
Eligibility Criteria for Knight Hennesy Scholarship
To qualify for Knight Hennesy Scholarship, following is the eligibility criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries can apply for Knight Hennesy Scholars Program
- First/Bachelor’s degree received in 2015 or Later; for enrolling in 2022. You are eligible to apply if you apply within four years and enroll within five years, after you earn your first/bachelor’s degree.
- You must be first-step mental sharpness, seeks out knowledge and new experiences, full of original ideas, makes sense of ambiguous situations and can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view.
- You must complete not only your Knight Hennesy Scholars application but also the entire application process including any standardized test that your graduate degree program requires (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.) and if needed, an English proficiency test.
- You must be ambitious, in the best sense of the word, driven to improve self, willing to take risks. Self-aware and persists and bounces back from adversity. Personally humble and kind, inclusive respects difference, concerned for and helpful to others and Low ego.
- You must be fluent in English — listening, reading, speaking, and writing — to study at Stanford. The minimum TOEFL score for most graduate programs at Stanford is 100iBT or 600PBT. All Stanford graduate degree programs accept the TOEFL, and the MBA Program also accepts the IELTS and PTE. You can know more about scores here.
- First, in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars, you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program. Each incoming Knight Hennesy Scholar must be a newly enrolling student in a Stanford graduate program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs. There are no quotas by discipline or program. Note that we will give priority consideration to those who will spend at least two years studying at Stanford.
How to Apply for Knight Hennesy Scholarship?
Follow the following application instructions to win this scholarship:
(1) You must create an account here and start your online application.
(2) You must complete and submit the online application for admission (including personal and academic information, etc.). The university will ask for basic biographic and demographic details, as well as explanations of your activities and interests.
(3) You must submit the following documents:
- Provide an unofficial or self-reported transcript of your academic performance in college and, if applicable, graduate school for each institution you attended for an academic year or longer. If you are unable to provide an unofficial transcript, you may download the self-reported transcript template. Your transcript must, if applicable, include the degree conferred and the conferral date. We do not need transcripts from study-abroad experiences if those credits are included on your transcript.
- You will include a resume that frames your intellectual, personal, and professional background and accomplishments. Our rule is one page for every decade of experience after secondary school.
- Two recommendation letters. Know more about it here.
- Essay (You may submit a maximum total of 1,750 words for both essays combined) include that:
- Connect the dots. How have the influences in your life shaped you?
- How will you pursue your life’s calling? How will your Stanford education and your Knight-Hennessy Scholars experience to support this?
- Two short answer responses: Please tell us eight improbable facts about you. Please list three goals/objectives that you are working toward right now (being admitted to Stanford and/or being selected as a Knight Hennesy Scholar can’t count as one of those goals).
- Video story: Your video can be no longer than two minutes in duration. If you only need 30 seconds to answer, that’s fine. There is no expectation or obligation for you to speak for the maximum time.
- In-person assessment.
- You must submit all Knight Hennesy Scholars application materials in English via our online application. We do not accept materials sent via email or postal mail.
- We highly recommend that you apply using a current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- For reference only, here is a PDF sample of the application for the autumn 2022 intake.
To know more about Knight Hennesy Scholarship, please visit Official Website.