Continue your studies in Australia. There’s good news! Marcus Oldham College Scholarship applications are now being accepted.
We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article. For international students, the Marcus Oldham College Scholarship 2022-2023 is a partially funded scholarship. These scholarships are offered to studies pursuing undergraduate degrees. In the appropriate academic year, the Dr. Alastair Mackenzie International Scholarship Funds will cover $15,000 of the fees.
Marcus Oldham College offers a one-of-a-kind educational opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in the Australian Wool Industry at all phases, including wool science and technology, wool growing, and textile production.
WISS Woolbrokers is the sponsor of the Dr. Alastair Mackenzie Scholarship. WISS is a grower-owned and controlled wool broker that was founded in 1979 by woolgrowers. BJ Underwood Pty Ltd, the Australian Wool Education Trust, and the Geoff & Helen Handbury Foundation are among the other sponsors.
Marcus Oldham College is Australia’s first private agricultural college, offering courses in agriculture, equine, and farm management. It is located in Geelong, Victoria. The institution, which was founded in 1962, enrols both domestic and international students.
Bachelor of Business in Farm Management, Bachelor of Business in Agribusiness, Associate Degree of Agribusiness, Associate Degree of Farm Business Management, Diploma of Agribusiness, and Diploma of Equine Management are available at the undergraduate level. A master’s degree, a graduate certificate, and a graduate diploma in agribusiness are all part of the postgraduate programme.
The Centre for the Study of Rural Australia was established on the college’s campus in May 2008. The Centre focuses on the confluence between agricultural and rural communities, with the goal of encouraging community participation in sustainable practices.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Marcus Oldham College
- Study in: Geelong, Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Agriculture, Wool science and technology, Plant and crop sciences and Textile production
- Program Period: One year
- Deadline: August, 2022
Marcus Oldham College Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The scholarship covers $15000 of the fees in the appropriate academic year(s) unless otherwise agreed by the college.
To be eligible for Marcus Oldham College Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- This scholarship is available to applicants enrolled or intending to enroll in Year 1 of the Agriculture Program.
How to Apply for Marcus Oldham College Scholarship?
Please follow the following instructions to avail this scholarship:
(1) Apply for an admission offer from the Marcus Oldham College by clicking here.
(2) Prepare the following documents:
- Your CV with the contact details of two referees
- A statement of your Year 12 results and university ENTER score if applied for
- Scholarship essay: 500-word essay answering the following question: “In applying for this scholarship you are signaling your interest in a career in the sheep and wool industry. What future activity in the industry do you wish to pursue?”
- College essay: 100-word essay answering the question “What are your career goals and aspirations?”
(3) Submit your scholarship application using:
- The email: email@example.com.
- The Fax number 03 5244 1263
- Submit the application by post to the following address.
- Scholarship Coordinator
- Marcus Oldham College
Private Bag 116
Geelong Mail Centre VIC 3221
- Applicants can submit for more than one scholarship, but they can only receive one scholarship in any one academic year. If you’re applying for more than one scholarship, one copy of your CV and one copy of your College essay is sufficient.
- Acknowledgment of receipt of the application will be emailed to the email address you provided on your CV.
- Applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be advised approximately three weeks before the interview date. Interviews will be conducted on campus at Marcus Oldham on 13th September 2021. The College does not conduct scholarship interviews via Skype, Facetime, or Phone, except for international applicants. If no applicants are deemed to meet the selection criteria scholarships may not be awarded. The College also reserves the right to extend the closing and interview dates.
- The successful applicant will receive a Scholarship Letter of Offer and must advise the College in writing, of acceptance of the scholarships and obligations as a recipient within 7 days of written notification.
To know more about Marcus Oldham College Scholarship, please visit Official Website.