A*STAR International Fellowship:
International students can apply for an A*Star International Fellowship to pursue a post-doctoral degree in Singapore.
Our post-doctoral scholarships provide advanced teaching opportunities at prominent universities and labs to help you develop new scientific studies and pursue cutting-edge science in your field of specialization. You will not only learn from the best brains in the world, but you will also form vital networks with the global research community as a result of your international knowledge.
With the ASTAR International Fellowship, you can broaden your study experience, develop your learning, and make global connections to advance your science career. This scholarship will pay for all of your post-doctoral training at prestigious laboratories across the world.
You can connect and create international networks with the worldwide research community thanks to this international exposure. You will begin a fascinating career at an ASTAR Research Institute after completing your post-doctoral training. Scholars will return to Singapore after completing their postdoctoral research training and completion for the A*STAR Research Institute for three (3) years.
- Deadline: The Application is open throughout the year.
- Institution(s): A*STAR
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Study in: Singapore
- Chemicals, materials and energy
- Food, nutrition & consumer care
- Pharmaceuticals & biologics
- Medical technology
- Infocomms (infocommunications)
Program Period: 2 years
- Upon completion of the post-doctoral research training, scholars will return to Singapore and contribute A*STAR’s Research Institute for three (3) years.
AStar International fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance.
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable).
- Annual return airfare.
- Other allowances including:
- Settling-in allowance.
- Computer allowance.
- Book allowance.
- Conference allowance.
- Annual personal insurance.
- The 3 years will be completed and funded by the preferred A*STAR Research Institute.
- All rates/allowances vary according to country and university/lab, and are subject to A*STAR adjustments from time to time.
To be eligible for A*Star International fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
- Applicants in the final stages of their PhD may apply for the AIF. However, their AIF award is confirmed only upon conferment of their PhD degree.
- As AIF awardees are required to serve in an A*STAR Research Institute after their post-doctoral training, AIF applicants should identify the relevant Research Institute in which they will work during their service commitment period, and engage the Research Institute Executive Director and prospective supervisor prior to their AIF application.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
How to Apply for A*Star International fellowship?
Please follow the following important steps to avail this scholarship:
- Sign Up ” Create your own account”, then Enter your e-mail and Password, You will see the online application form.
- Fill in the required application, then Submit.
- After you have submitted all the required documents, your application will be reviewed and you may be requested to provide more information while we assess your application. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend psychometric test/s and at least two rounds of interviews.
Please note for the interview: You will be given 15 minutes to present your proposed research project. This is followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
If you qualify for the next interview round(s): you will need to seek endorsement from your proposed A*STAR Research Institute Supervisor and Executive Director for you to serve the 1-year service commitment period at that Research Institute after the post-doctoral training under the AIF.
To know more about A*Star International fellowship, please visit Official Website link: