Keep your studies going in Canada. There’s good news! The application period for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship is currently open.
We will go over the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship, its benefits, and the application process step by step in this article. For international students, the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program 2022-2023 is a fully financed scholarship. For undergraduate studies, there are 37 scholarships available. This scholarship will cover four years of tuition, books, incidental fees, and complete living expenses.
The goal of this scholarship is to recognise international students who excel academically and creatively and are recognised as leaders in their college. The impact of the student on the lives of their college and society, as well as their future ability to make a good contribution to the global society, are given special consideration.
These scholarships are given out every year to outstanding students from all over the world, including global students studying in Canadian high schools. For global students, this is the most renowned and competitive scholarship.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University of Toronto
- Study in: Canada
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines
- School nomination deadline: November 30, 2022
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2022 (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2022 as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 17, 2023
- Physical & Mathematical Sciences
- Commerce & Management
- Social Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Computer Science
- Kinesiology & Physical Education
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
Eligibility Criteria for Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship
An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program. The complete eligibility criteria is:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- An international student
- An original and creative thinker
- Committed to school and community
- A high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- Enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2021
- Intending to begin your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2022 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2022 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
How to Apply for Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.(external link))(external link)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto(external link) to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines(external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
To know more about Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program, please visit Official Website.