The Malaysian government has launched its Master’s Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023 in order to recruit great minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia.
The Malaysian government funds the scholarship programme, which is open to all MTCP grantees from across the world. Students can apply to any Malaysian university that offers a postgraduate study programme. The students would receive full tuition expenses as well as an RMB 3,500 monthly allowance.
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) was founded in 1980 to demonstrate Malaysian commitment to South-South cooperation by sharing Malaysian development experiences and skills with other developing countries.
The MTCP was written and launched on the premise that a country’s development is based on the quality of its human capital and resources. As a result, it places a strong emphasis on human resource development, including short-term courses at Malaysian public and private training institutions and long-term courses at Malaysian public universities.
More About Malaysian Government (MTCP)
Malaysia shares its development experiences and skills with other developing nations through the MTCP, in keeping with the spirit of South-South Cooperation. The MTCP was created with the notion that a country’s progress is determined by the quality of its human resources.
The programme is part of the Malaysian government’s commitment to promote technical collaboration among developing nations, strengthen regional and sub-regional cooperation, and foster collective self-sufficiency among developing countries.
Since 2006, SME Corp. Malaysia has been one of the MTCP’s Training Institutes. Meanwhile, commencing in 2011, SME Corp. Malaysian forms a three-way partnership with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) to organise the Third Country Training Programme (TCTP), a yearly capacity-building programme.
This programme acts as an interactive platform for sharing Malaysian and Japanese SME development experiences with African countries. As of the 31st of January 2015, this initiative had helped 333 people from 54 different nations.
- University or Organization: The Malaysian Government – The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: Tuition fee and other allowances
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Malaysia.
- Application Deadline: The application period for this scholarship is from 16th June 2022 to 16th July 2022.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from MTPC recipient countries.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate programme in Science, Technology, and Engineering (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy), Economics, Finance, Management, and Banking, Social Science and Humanities, Information and Communication Technology, International Relations and Political Science, Agriculture and Aquaculture, Education.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have undertaken a study programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy), Economics, Finance, Management and Banking, Social Science and Humanities, Information and Communication Technology, International Relations and Political Science, Agriculture and Aquaculture, or Education at an eligible university.
- Not more than 45 years old.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for admission to an eligible university via its respective application procedure. Students must submit a scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Letter of recommendation from 2 referees
- Statement of Intent
- True copies of academic transcripts
- Certified Copy of passport
- Medical examination report
- COVID proof of vaccination
- Curriculum Vitae
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have second-class upper honors with a minimum 3.50 GPA.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 70
Candidates selected will be provided the following benefits:
- Tuition Fees
- Other allowances of RM3,500 per month include:
- Cost of Living Allowance
- Book Allowance
- Tools Allowance
- House Rental Allowance
- Placement Allowance
- Thesis Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Practical Training Allowance
- End of Study Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Insurance Allowance
- One-off return economy-class airline ticket from student’s closest international airport to Malaysia and back to student’s home country