The Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship is available to international students from around the world who wish to pursue doctoral studies at Argonne National Laboratory in the United States.
This fellowship is given to excellent doctoral researchers and engineers all across the world.
Applicants for fellowships must have exceptional abilities in science or engineering studies, as well as a strong determination to become outstanding leaders in the fields in which they are interested. Fellows work closely with Argonne’s sponsor to pursue their research interests.
Fellows are hired as Argonne Scholars, with full benefits, a highly competitive salary, and a research grant. Fellows can extend their appointments for up to three years on an annual basis, with the option of retention.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Argonne National Laboratory
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Up to 3 years
- Autonomous Discovery
- Climate and Energy Action; Clean Energy; Energy Storage
- Hard X-ray Science
- Quantum Information
- Radioisotope Discovery
- Science for a Circular Economy
- Universe as our Laboratory
- Accelerator Science and Technology
- Measurement, Signature Science, and Data Fusion
Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- A highly competitive salary
- A stipend for research support.
- 100% funded fellowship
Eligibility Criteria for Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship
To be eligible for Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- PhD conferred within three years at the time of application or completion of PhD requirements by commencement of appointment
- Evidence of academic achievement with potential for technical and research leadership
- Research in areas that align with Argonne’s mission
- Leadership skills as evidenced through service, community outreach, activities to advance diversity, equity and inclusion, professional society engagement, etc.
- Creativity and motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Alignment with Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
How to Apply for Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship:
(1) To be considered for the Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship, candidates must apply through Requisition 411040. First, you have to create your own account from ”Sign Up” in the application link. Then, click ”Apply” from the application link. Briefly, complete application packages will include:
- Research Proposal: Proposals should be submitted using the Research Proposal Template. For detailed instructions, refer to the Research Proposal Template Guidance at the end of this section. Both the guidance and template are accessible on the fellowships website.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including list of publications, significant presentations, patents and other relevant activities that demonstrate research productivity, independence, leadership experience and other pertinent skills. See appendix for tips on preparing your CV. Candidates are encouraged to name the proposal document with an identifiable name such as YourLastName_CV.
- Graduate transcripts.
- Transcripts must include the name of the school, student’s name, the school’s watermark, official seal or symbol and the Registrar’s signature. If degree has been completed, transcripts must reflect degree date.
- If the school does not provide transcripts, a copy of a diploma or letter from the Graduate School Office stating that you are enrolled or have completed all the requirements for the PhD is acceptable. This letter must be on official school letter head and signed by a representative from the Graduate School Office.
- If the transcripts are not in English, please provide Translation of the information contained in the transcript and Brief summary of the information contained in the transcript.
- Nomination form from Argonne sponsor (with copy to Division Director) that addresses the strengths of the candidate, the merits of the research proposal and how the candidate’s work is expected to contribute to org row Argonne’s research programs.
- Three letters of recommendation from other than Argonne staff. It is strongly recommended that candidates requests letters from individuals who are familiar with the candidate’s work and can comment confidently on:
- Candidate’s ability to perform independently and on a team.
- Leadership qualities and ability to communicate effectively.
- Candidate’s demonstrated independence of thought, ingenuity and maturity.
- Major accomplishments and contributions to the candidate’s field.
- How the candidate ranks compared to others at a similar career stage in the field.
(2) Sending these supporting materials to (email@example.com)
- For more information, click here.
- Letters should be in a PDF file from the individual(s) with a signature on official letterhead. In the subject line please include the name of the candidate.
- It is advised that applicants contact sponsors and references well in advance of the application deadline to ensure that all materials are received on time. Late materials may not be accepted once the review process has begun. To inquire a bout the status of your application, pleases send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to your sponsor.
To know more about Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship, please visit Official Website.