International students can apply for MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation open in pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) in Japan. This scholarship is given to APU-recommended outstanding international students.
This scholarship is provided by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) with the goal of increasing international competitiveness and encouraging active exchange of international students at Japanese universities. Outstanding qualifying candidates will be instantly recommended to the scholarship organisation by APU.
APU stands for Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, which is a Japanese university. Ritsumeikan APU was established in Beppu, Ita, Japan, in April 2000. APU was founded by three public and private sector partners: Ita Prefecture, Beppu City, and the Ritsumeikan Trust.
There are roughly 5,850 students enrolled at the university, with approximately 2,900 domestic students and 2,900 international students representing 90 nations and regions. Foreign nationals make over half of the 172 full-time faculty members, who are from more than 30 nations and regions.
- Institution: Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Study in: Japan
- Deadline: November 18, 2022
- Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies (Master’s Programs)
- International Relations (IR)
- Society and Culture (SC)
- International Public Administration (IPA)
- Public Health Management (PHM)
- Sustainability Science (SS)
- Tourism and Hospitality (TH)
- Development Economics (DE)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA Program)
- Accounting and Finance (AF)
- Marketing and Management (MM)
- Innovation and Operations Management (IOM)
- Japanese Management (JM)
- Dual Degree International Material Flow Management (IMAT) Program ( 2 years )
- For more details Here
- Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies (Doctoral Program) (3 years )
- For more details Here
- Depends on the chosen course.
MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
- Incoming international students are required to live on campus at AP House (APU’s dormitory) during their first year at APU (out of funding).
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English or Japanese
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be born on or after April 2, 1985
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU
- Recipients of this scholarship must have student as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan
How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation:
- Set up your account from Here for the online application login.
- Download the Application guideline from Here.
- When you are ready, click “STEP 1” from the menu shown on the left to start registering your application information.
- Selection Process:
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT (SGU) application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.
To know more about MEXT Scholarship University Recommendation, please visit Official Website.