There’s good news! Netherlands Government Scholarships are presently open. In this article, we will go through the details of the Netherlands Government Scholarship, its perks, and the application process step by step.
The Netherlands Government Scholarships 2023–2024 are fully funded master’s and short-course scholarships available to international students. The Orange Knowledge Scholarship, which is funded by the Dutch government, offers free living expenses, tuition fees, visas, round-trip travel tickets, and health insurance.
The Netherlands Government Scholarship aims to help people and organizations improve their skills, knowledge, and performance in higher education and vocational education, as well as other areas related to the nation’s’ major issues.
On July 1, 2017, the Netherlands Fellowship Program (NFP) entered a new phase as a new program known as the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP). The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the driving force behind OKP, which is fully supported.
Interesting Facts about Netherlands Government Scholarships
The Netherlands Government Scholarship, or Holland Scholarship, as it is more commonly known, is a form of financial aid offered by the Dutch government to overseas students who are not citizens of a country in the European Economic Area. The program’s objective is to help academically promising students enroll in universities in the Netherlands.
Some basic information regarding the Netherlands Government Scholarship is as follows:
- This award is intended to aid with the costs of attending college for one year, including books, fees, and living expenses.
- Students from Outside the EEA: This option is for students who are not citizens of a country in the EEA and would like to attend a Dutch university.
- This scholarship can be used toward either a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at approved universities and colleges in the Netherlands.
- Students who meet the requirements must submit an application directly to an accredited Dutch university. Universities select potential scholarship recipients based on scholastic achievement and other criteria.
- Merit-based: Scholarships are often given to students who demonstrate academic excellence by their grades and other scholastic accomplishments.
- One-Year Award: This award is for one academic year only and is not renewable. A new application is required each year you wish to be considered.
- Scholarship amounts vary by school, but most pay for a sizable chunk of a student’s education and living expenses.
- The award is offered to students from a wide variety of academic subjects, so everyone who is qualified can apply.
- Please note that this award is not available for semester- or quarter-long courses, nor does it cover exchange programs; it is only for full-degree studies.
- This scholarship program helps to internationalize Dutch higher education and is part of the Dutch government’s attempts to attract bright students from throughout the world.
In conclusion, international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands are eligible to apply for the Netherlands Government Scholarship, also known as the Holland Scholarship. This award is based on academic achievement and will assist with one year’s college costs.
Netherlands Government Scholarship Highlights
- Level of Study: Masters or Short Courses
- Institution: Various Institutes in Netherlands (Studyfinder)
- Study in: Netherlands
- Program Period: Short courses (duration: 2 weeks to 12 months). Master’s programmers (duration 12–24 months)
- Application Deadline: Click Here.
Netherlands Government Scholarship Courses
- All courses that are eligible for an Orange Knowledge Program scholarship for this application round are listed in Studyfinder.
- Please note that there are focus areas for each country, which are taken into consideration when scholarship applications are nominated and assessed. Applications that fall within the focus areas for a specific country are given priority. Country focus document Orange Knowledge Program.
Netherlands Government Scholarship Benefits
Netherlands Government Scholarship is fully funded.
- Free costs of living
- Free tuition fees
- Free visa
- Free round-trip travel tickets
- Free Health insurance
- Thesis Research Grant
Eligibility For Netherlands Government Scholarship
To be eligible for the Netherlands Government Scholarship, these points should be considered:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship applicant holds the nationality of and is resident and working in one of the countries on the OKP Country list (see the document Country List for Short courses and Masters).
- The scholarship applicant works for one of the following types of national or local organizations: ministries, secondary or higher vocational or academic education institutions, universities, the private sector, commissions, or NGOs.
- The scholarship applicant may not work for: a bilateral or multilateral organization; a non-governmental organization that is internationally active and is focused on representing social interests, such as development cooperation, nature, environmental protection, health, or human rights.
- The scholarship applicant is a professional who, in light of his/her (1) role, (2) multiple years of relevant work experience, and (3) networks within a theme relevant to local development, is in a position or, through his or her employer, could be put in a position to apply what he or she has learned in practice.
- The scholarship applicant holds a valid identity document.
- The scholarship applicant has been admitted to the course or program for which he or she wishes to receive an OKP scholarship.
- The scholarship applicant has provided a government statement with the scholarship application if this is required by the local government (see the document government statement requirement).
- The scholarship applicant demonstrates that the requested co-funding percentage is available to fund the study.
- The employer of the scholarship applicant supports the scholarship application through a positive reference and declares that it will continue to pay the salary of the scholarship recipient during the program and, after his or her return, will give the scholarship recipient an opportunity to apply what he or she has learned in practice.
How to Apply for Netherlands Government Scholarship?
Please follow the following step-by-step application procedure to avail yourself of the Netherlands Government Scholarship:
(1) Find a course or master’s Program that is eligible for the scholarship. You can find the eligible courses in the study Program database by specifying in the search criteria: ‘OKP qualified: Yes’.
(2) Contact the Dutch higher education institution that is offering the course for information on:
- The course content
- The scholarship application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution)
- The scholarship application and selection procedures
- The online application form and the required application documents
(3) Prepare your application and the supporting documents.
(4) Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course.