Pursue your education in the United Kingdom. There’s good news! Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are now accepting applications.
We will go through the details of this scholarship program, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students from Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the United States are eligible for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships 2022-2023. Up to 50 awards of £8000 each will be provided to cover tuition fees for one year of full-time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
The Scottish Government, in collaboration with Scottish universities, is offering Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships to citizens of select countries who wish to pursue full-time Masters degrees in science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy at Scottish universities.
Students who strive to be prominent leaders and who have a wide range of interests outside of their studies, as well as a desire to enhance their personal and academic experience in Scotland, are eligible for the scholarships.
Saltire Scholars will act as ambassadors not only for the Saltire Scholarships programme, but also for Scotland. They have to:
- Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at which they study.
- Actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events.
- Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
- Be available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- Agree that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Scotland’s higher education institutions
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
- For more information click here
- Program Period: 1 year
- Deadline: May 28, 2022
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships the recipient with the following benefits:
- Up to 50 awards will be given, each worth £8000, to be used towards tuition fees for the duration of 1 year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Eligibility Criteria for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships
To qualify for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
How to Apply for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships:
- Application process for the Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships Scheme is available on the Study in Scotland website
To apply and know more about Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships, please visit Official Website.