Keep your studies going in Canada. There’s good news! Undergraduate Scholarships at UBC are presently open.
In this essay, we will go through the details of these scholarships, their perks, and the application process step by step. Outstanding International Student (OIS) Awards and International Major Entrance Scholarships are the two forms of University of British Columbia Undergraduate Scholarships (IMES). Depending on available money, the number and level of international scholarships awarded each year varies.
The University of British Columbia honours outstanding students from all around the world by allocating more than $20 million per year to awards, scholarships, and other types of financial aid for international undergraduate students.
When suitable students are offered admission to University of British Columbia, they are awarded the Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award, a one-time merit-based entrance scholarship.
Students that are chosen for this award have demonstrated academic excellence as well as involvement outside of the classroom.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to outstanding international students who are applying to University of British Columbia undergraduate programmes. IMES scholarships are awarded to students when they begin their first year at University of British Columbia, and they are renewable for up to three further years of study. Depending on available resources, the number and level of these scholarships awarded each year varies.
About University of British Columbia (UBC)
The University of British Columbia is a public research university in British Columbia with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna. University of British Columbia is British Columbia’s oldest university, having been established in 1908. The university is one of Canada’s top three universities. University of British Columbia funds nearly 8,000 projects each year with a $759 million research budget.
The University Endowment Lands are roughly 10 kilometres (6 miles) west of downtown Vancouver, where the Vancouver campus is located. TRIUMF, Canada’s national particle and nuclear physics facility, is located at University of British Columbia and houses the world’s largest cyclotron. University of British Columbia and the Max Planck Society established to build the first Max Planck Institute in North America, specialising in quantum materials, in addition to the Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies and the Stuart Blusson Quantum Matter Institute. The UBC Library system, which has 21 branches, is one of Canada’s largest research libraries, with over 9.9 million volumes. Kelowna, British Columbia, is home to the Okanagan campus, which was acquired in 2005.
University of British Columbia has produced eight Nobel laureates, 74 Rhodes scholars, 65 Olympic medalists, 10 fellows of both the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the Royal Society, and 273 fellows of the Royal Society of Canada. Three Canadian prime ministers attended University of British Columbia, including Kim Campbell, Canada’s first female prime minister, and Justin Trudeau, the current prime minister.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Study in: Canada
- Deadline: January 15, 2022 (annual)
- People, Culture and Society.
- History, Law and Politics.
- Languages and Linguistics.
- Media and Fine arts.
- Business and Economics.
- Earth, Environment, and Sustainability.
- Health and Life Sciences.
- Engineering and Technology.
- Math, Chemistry, and Physics.
For more information, click here.
UBC Undergraduate Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
Eligibility Criteria for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships
To qualify for University of British Columbia Undergraduate Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. English is the primary language of instruction in University of British Columbia. All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Be new to University of British Columbia, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student who will be studying at University of British Columbia on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
How to Apply for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for these scholarships:
- Create a new account from here
- Complete your personal profile and apply for University of British Columbia. details here
Please note: Submit documents showing you meet minimum English Language Admission Standard by February 15
To know more about Outstanding International Student Award, please visit Official Website.