The Luleå University of Technology (LTU) is pleased to announce the availability of two brand new scholarships for the academic year 2023. These are the LKAB scholarships for a bachelor’s program in mineral resource engineering and the LTU scholarships for a master’s program in electrification.
Both scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence, and top students who have applied to LTU and selected one of the full-time degree programs as their first option will be given precedence for the scholarships.
The Luleå University of Technology (LTU) is comprised of four separate campuses and provides undergraduate and graduate education in a variety of fields. The majority of the university’s offerings are in the areas of mining science, materials science, engineering, computer science, robotics, and space science. LTU was founded in 1971, and since then, it has always been one of the best schools in the world.
LTU offers education in many different areas, such as economics, sociology, health, technology, the media, music, and teacher education. There are more than 130 distinct programs available in all.
- University: Luleå University of Technology (LTU)
- Department: Mineral Resource Engineering and Electrification
- Study Level: Bachelor and Master
- Award: Tuition fee & living expenses
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Application Deadline: January 16, 2023.
Eligibility requirements for a Luleå University of Technology (LTU) Scholarship are as follows:
- Eligible Countries are EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA, and Switzerland
- Bachelor program in Mineral Resource Engineering and the master program in Electrification.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Students from countries within the EU/EEA and Switzerland (non-Swedish citizens) are eligible.
- Students from a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland are also eligible.
- Applicants must have completed upper secondary education and have documented skills in the English language.
- Academic degree of at least 180 higher education credits with a clear technical profile from energy engineering, mechanical engineering, materials technology, civil engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering, electrical physics engineering, physics, or related fields. The degree must include 15 credits of mathematics.
Also check: Columbia University Action Fellowships USA 2023
How to Apply?
To apply for a Luleå University of Technology (LTU) Scholarship Kindly follow the simple and easy application procedure:
- Applicants who fulfill the admission requirements of the applied program are eligible for a scholarship.
- LKAB Scholarship for students applying to the international bachelor program in Mineral Resource Engineering.
- LTU Scholarship for students applying to the master’s program in Electrification.
- The application should provide a Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter (a maximum of 600 words). The following questions should be answered in the motivation letter:
- Why do you want to study in this program?
- What other qualities do you have besides academic excellence?
- What are your career aspirations?
- Applicants should have upper secondary education for bachelor study and an academic degree of at least 180 higher education credits for master study.
- Good knowledge of English, equivalent to English 6. More information about English language requirements.
Also check: Eastman Merit International Scholarship USA 2023
Luleå University of Technology (LTU) will provide all the following awards on the basis of academic excellence:
- Students from EU/EEA and Switzerland (non-Swedish citizens): Can apply for a scholarship that covers living expenses.
- Students from non-EU/EEA and Switzerland: Can apply for a scholarship that covers the tuition fee at LTU for the whole length of the program, provided that the study results are satisfactory. The scholarship does not cover living expenses.
Luleå University of Technology (LTU) FAQs
Can I study in Sweden if I don’t know Swedish language?
In Sweden, the majority of individuals do speak English. You should probably learn Swedish though. For its visiting scholars and researchers, Lule University of Technology offers Swedish starting courses.
Am I assured of accommodation in Sweden?
Undergraduates on ERASMUS or ISEP are guaranteed housing. Some overseas students may be placed in private housing further from campus, while most will stay in student rooms or apartments within 3 km.
Can I stay in Sweden after Luleå study?
No, but if you want to travel across Sweden and see more of the nation you can apply for a tourist visa and get one if you meet the requirements.