International students From all over the World are eligible to apply for University of Kent School of Economics Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023 at the University of Kent in the UK.
Up to two scholarships will be given out, with each scholarship worth up to 50% of the full tuition fee.
The University of Kent was established in 1965 as a public research university. On January 4, 1965, it received its Royal Charter. The Scholarship for Excellence is worth £3,500 for a year and is available to outstanding Economics students from the United Kingdom, the European Union, and other countries. The candidate should be informed that this scholarship does not cover the full cost of attending Kent University, and that you will need additional money to cover your tuition fees, as well as your housing, travel, and living expenses.
The University of Kent (previously the University of Kent at Canterbury, abbreviated as UKC) is a public research university in Kent, England. The University received its Royal Charter on January 4, 1965, and Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, was formally installed as the first Chancellor the following year.
The university has a main campus north of Canterbury, which is set in 300 acres (1.2 km2) of land and houses approximately 6,000 students, as well as campuses in Kent’s Medway and Tonbridge and European postgraduate centres in Brussels, Athens, Rome, and Paris. With students from 158 different countries and 41% of its academic and research staff hailing from outside the United Kingdom, the University is truly international. It is part of the Stander Network, a member of European universities dedicated to promoting social and economic development.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Kent
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Masters in Development Economics
- Program Period: One year
- Number of Scholarship: Two
- Deadline: June, 2022
University of Kent School of Economics Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Up to 2 scholarships will be awarded, with each scholarship is worth up to 50% of the full tuition fee. You should be aware that this scholarship does not cover the full cost of studying at Kent, and that you will need to have additional sources of funding in order to cover your accommodation, travel and living expenses. The School of Economics will pay the difference to the full tuition fee.
- All scholarships take the form of a School payment towards tuition fees, and will be paid once the recipient is fully registered at the University of Kent.
- Students may be considered for more than 1 scholarship, but they will not be awarded more than 1 (Kent graduates may however be awarded the Graduate School Scholarship in addition, if they are eligible)
Eligibility Criteria for University of Kent School of Economics Scholarships
To qualify for University of Kent School of Economics Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. Regarding English Language requirements for general postgraduate programmes:
- IELTS (6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in Reading and Writing; 5.5 in Speaking and Listening).
- PTE Academic (62 overall with 60 in each subtest).
- CAE/ CPE (176 overall with a minimum of 169 in Reading and Writing; 162 in Speaking and Listening).
- TOEFL iBT (90 overall with a minimum of 22 in Reading; 21 in Writing; 17 in Listening; 20 in Speaking).
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Scholarships will be awarded to the best qualified students on a competitive basis.
- Students may be considered for more than one scholarship, but they will not be awarded more than one (Kent graduates may however be awarded the Graduate School Scholarship in addition, if they are eligible).
- The award of this scholarship is conditional upon students accepting a University of Kent School of Economics offer of a place to study.
- This scholarship is not available for the MSc Conversion Programme.
How to Apply for University of Kent School of Economics Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University of Kent School of Economics Scholarships:
- Ensure that you have already submitted an application for a place of study on one of our programmes via the below link:
- Complete a Scholarship application form here.
Note: N.B. Scholarship applications cannot be considered with an application to study.
To know more about University of Kent School of Economics Scholarships, please visit Official Website.