Scholarships enable worthy students, regardless of their financial situation, to continue their studies. The UTAS Merit Scholarships have been established by the University of Tasmania (UTAS) for the academic years 2022–2023 as a result.
High-achieving overseas students are given the University of Tasmania (UTAS) Merit Scholarship, which will pay 50% of their registered tuition costs to attend the University of Tasmania (UTAS) in 2022-2023.
The Institution of Tasmania (UTAS), an Australian public research university with its main campus in Tasmania, was established in 1890. It is the fourth-oldest university in Australia. The university partners with 20 specialized research institutes and cooperative research centers while offering undergraduate and graduate programmes in a variety of subjects. The university continues to support five cross-disciplinary research subjects that enable multidisciplinary cooperation. The institution used to be included among Australia’s top 10 research universities.
A renowned university all around the world is the University of Tasmania (UTAS). They are committed to giving each student a practical education and an exhilarating experience as a university. Their island is a site of extremes, from their bustling towns to the quiet of their World Heritage-listed nature, and they embrace its identity in all they do.
More About University of Tasmania (UTAS)
A public research university with its main campus in Tasmania, Australia, is called the University of Tasmania (UTAS). It is Australia’s fourth-oldest university and was established in 1890. One of the university’s residential colleges, Christ College, was designed after the colleges at Oxford and Cambridge and was established in 1846, making it the oldest tertiary institution in the nation.
It was initially suggested in 1840 in Lieutenant-Governor Sir John Franklin’s Legislative Council. The institution is made of sandstone and a part of both the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning and the worldwide Association of Commonwealth Universities.
The University of Tasmania (UTAS) collaborates with 20 specialized research institutes and cooperative research centers, and it provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees in a number of subject areas. The university’s repeated 5 rating scores (far above global standard) for excellence in research earned by the Australian Research Council are in large part due to the Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies.
At the Australian Maritime College, the country’s hub for maritime education, training, and research, the institution also offers tertiary education.
The University of Tasmania (UTAS) was formerly included in the Academic Ranking of World Universities as one of the top 10 research universities in Australia and among the top 2% of universities globally.
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania (UTAS)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or honors or postgraduate coursework
- Award: 50% of registered tuition fees
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 23rd October 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or honors or postgraduate degree in business and economics offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Available to high achieving offshore and onshore International students who have an offer of a place in an eligible Business and Economics course when commencing their first year in 2022.
- Students must have met the minimum academic requirements as determined by an assessment by the University of Tasmania (UTAS) based on country-specific grading scales.
- All College of Business and Economics undergraduate or Honours coursework programs
- All TSBE postgraduate coursework programs.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students are assessed automatically upon submission of their International Student Application, so there is no need to apply separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit high school transcripts and other course-specific requirements.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must fulfill the required conditions for their undergraduate or postgraduate degree field at the university.
- Language Requirement: The University reserves the right to require that any applicant be required to undergo a test in the English language.
Each UTAS scholarship covers 50% of registered tuition fees (including Student Services and Amenities Fees) for the duration of the course.