Pursue in Austria to further your education. There’s good news! The Vienna International Postdoctoral Program is now accepting applications.
This post will go over the details of the fellowship programme, its rewards, and the application process step by step.
The Vienna International Postdoctoral Program 2022-2023 provides international students with fully funded scholarships. The postdoctoral fellowship will include a yearly gross income of 70,040 EUR, full health insurance, and supplemental child support ranging from 110 to 170 EUR each month.
VIP2 is a three-year postdoctoral fellowship programme at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC) for candidates with a background in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, or bioinformatics. Fellows choose a core research group and academic mentor based on their specific projects, and are supported by a second mentor from the VBC research institutes, the VBC biotech sector, our alumni network, and beyond.
The Vienna International Postdoctoral Program selects individuals whose projects have the potential to evolve into distinct research lines, and so acts as a stepping stone into a career path of their own.
Inter-lab and interdisciplinary projects are strongly encouraged.
Beyond providing an excellent research environment, the Vienna International Postdoctoral Program offers a structured training and career development programme based on the “Inform, Inspire, Innovate” approach.
A culture of research that encourages scientific excellence and autonomy
- Through a two-mentor scheme, effective mentoring and career planning can be achieved.
- The VIP2 Advisory Board provides coaching and mentorship (VAB)
- A comprehensive research-related and transferrable skills training programme
- Introduction to a diverse network of famous professionals through the implementation of a secondment scheme in postdoctoral training
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Vienna BioCenter
- Study in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find all the available Postdoctoral positions.
- Program Period: Three years
- Deadline: June 15, 2022
Vienna International Postdoctoral Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Salary: Each fellow receives a yearly gross salary of 70,040 EUR paid in 14 installments (12 months plus one Christmas and one-holiday bonus, according to Austrian law)
- full health insurance
- Social security includes fully paid maternity leave (16 weeks), the possibility of paid parental leave (up to 24 months), pension contribution, and accident insurance.
- Families receive additional support for each child (“Familienbeihilfe”) that ranges from 110 – 170 EUR per month per child, depending on the age of the child.
- Tax deductions apply to single-income families.
- Mechanisms are in place to contribute to the relocation costs of the fellows.
For more information from Here
Eligibility Criteria for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program
To qualify for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must hold a PhD in life sciences or related disciplines such as physics, engineering, chemistry, computer science, or mathematics.
- The proposed scientific project must match the research carried out on campus (applicants should name one or more potential host groups).
- Interdisciplinary and inter-lab projects are highly encouraged.
- Candidates are kindly requested to communicate with their preferred mentor(s) prior to and during composing their individual research projects.
- Applicants must have at least one first-author publication or manuscript published on bioRxiv or arXiv.
- By the time of the call deadline (15 June) applicants must also undertake transnational mobility according to the Marie Curie Action. That is, they should not have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
For more information from Here.
How to Apply for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Vienna International Postdoctoral Program:
- Click here to apply and provide the following information:
- Personal information: name, contact details, current place of education/employment
- Main scientific area (choose one from the 7 areas at the VBC) and up to 5 keywords
- DOI of at least one first-author publication or manuscript
- Contact details for two referees. The system will send an automatic email to referees with instructions. At least one reference letter has to be uploaded into the system BEFORE the application can be submitted.
- Attach the following documents:
- CV with details of education, scientific training starting from Bachelor degree, honours, etc.
- PDFs of transcripts and certificates of training.
- A five-page project proposal that compliments the aims of the host lab.
- A one-page explanation of the project written for the public, outlining the societal impact.
- Written proof (letter or email) from the chosen group leader indicating his/her support for the application.
- If you got accepted, you will move to the next phase which is the on site interview.
For more information about selection phase click here.
To know more about Vienna International Postdoctoral Program, please visit Official Website.