Richard Van Loon introduced Carleton University Scholarships for international scholarships for African students for the academic year 2023–2024. The Carleton University Scholarships will help African students who deserve them pay for their education. Further in this post, we will discuss all steps and processes regarding the Carleton University Scholarships 2024 in Canada.
The Carleton University Scholarships Award is for the most promising applicants from African countries who are starting their first year of college at Carleton University, Canada. This university is an independent and cooperative institution whose goal is to teach, study, and do research across and within disciplines, to create and share knowledge, to give its students hands-on learning opportunities at home and abroad, and to improve its community.
Reasons to choose Carleton University Scholarships by Richard Van Loon
The Carleton University Scholarships by Richard Van Loon offer chances for hands-on learning outside of the classroom or lab. Lab experiments, taking part in research projects, field courses, practica, and co-op jobs are all ways to get experience. This university is committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of creativity, cultural enrichment, and social strength. Its engineering department is one of the largest in the country, and its cognitive science program is continually expanding.
Carleton University Background
Carleton University was established in 1942 to serve World War II veterans and is located on unceded Algonquin territory adjacent to the historic Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The teachers and employees at Canada’s Capital University are a brilliant, motivated, and enthusiastic group that work together to uphold the high standards of teaching and research that have helped establish Carleton’s reputation.
Carleton University Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate at Carleton College is 17%. Between an ACT score of 32 and 35 and a SAT score between 1430 and 1550, half of the applicants accepted to Carleton College who submitted test results have these scores. A quarter of the admitted candidates, however, received scores that were higher than these ranges, and a quarter received scores that were lower. Carleton College’s application deadline is January 15.
The GPA of a student is a very important academic factor for Carleton College admissions officials. For admissions officials at Carleton College, letters of recommendation are very important, and, where available, an applicant’s high school class rank is also highly considered. Find out more about College Compass to view more academic variables in addition to other school statistics.
Carleton University Scholarships Highlights
- University: Carleton University
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International African Students
- The award can be taken in Canada.
- Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials by February 1, 2024.
Terms and Eligibility
Awarded annually, on the recommendation of the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship Committee
to an outstanding international student from an African country. Eligible recipients will be
full-time students proceeding from one year to another in any program of study at Carleton
University. Consideration will be given to students in financial need. An application is required. If
If an undergraduate student is selected, the scholarship will be awarded by the Director of
Undergraduate Awards and Financial Aid: if a graduate student is selected, the scholarship
the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs will present. Endowed in
2005 by friends, family and colleagues in honour of Richard J. Van Loon, Carleton’s 10th
Eligibility for Carleton University Scholarships
To be eligible for the Carleton University Scholarships, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
General Eligibility Criteria
- You must be a citizen of an African country
- You must be an international student who is required to have a valid Study Permit for
- You must be currently registered as a full-time student at Carleton University
and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of
- You must be in good academic standing
- Consideration will be given to students in financial need
- Application documentation is required. See instructions below
Also check: SUNY Brockport Scholarships 2024 USA
- Please complete all six sections of the application form
- Submit with your application a signed recommendation from an academic referee
- Submit with your application one proof of citizenship
Acceptable academic referees would include:
- Professor who has taught a class you successfully completed
- Thesis advisor
- Graduate Supervisor
- Dean of a Faculty
- A Director of a School or Institute
- A Chair of a Department or Program
How to Apply for the Carleton University Scholarships?
- All interested candidates must apply through the online application form for this funding program.
- The candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Copy of all post-secondary transcripts
- A statement of intent
- A portfolio
- A sample writing
- Citizenship proof
- The admission average will be calculated using all nine academic subjects at the highest level taken. Prerequisites must be presented in grades 11 or 12.
- Offers will be finalized upon receipt of final grades and an official graduation certificate.
- The candidates must fulfill the following English language proficiency requirements:
- Canadian Academic English Language Test: 70 (Minimum 60 in each band)
- TOEFL: 86 (20 in reading and listening and 22 in speaking and writing)
- IELTS: 6.6 ( Minimum 6.0 in each band)
- PTE: 60 overall ( Minimum 60 in each Communicative skill)
1125 COLONEL BY DRIVE, OTTAWA, ON, K1S 5B6 CARLETON UNIVERSITY