The University of Calgary Scholarships are currently open. International students can apply for the University of Calgary Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024, which is a fully funded scholarship.
International students entering their first year in any undergraduate degree program in the Fall Term are eligible for awards of $20,000 and $15,000 (renewable annually).
The University of Calgary Scholarships are a distinguished prize that acknowledges an international student’s great achievements when they begin their undergraduate studies.
The University of Calgary offers students with a high-quality educational experience that prepares them for life achievement as well as research that addresses society’s most pressing issues.
University of Calgary Acceptance Rate
The specific program and quantity of applications received can affect the University of Calgary’s acceptance rate. At the University of Calgary, acceptance rates for undergraduate programs typically fell between 40% and 60%. Please be aware, too, that these acceptance rates are subject to variation year to year and between faculties and programs.
I suggest visiting the official University of Calgary website or getting in touch with the admissions office directly for the most up-to-date information on acceptance rates that is program-specific. They can give you current information and information on the entrance requirements for the specific program you’re interested in.
Interesting Facts About University of Calgary
A prestigious institution known for its research contributions and academic brilliance is the University of Calgary, which is situated in Alberta, Canada. The following are some fascinating details regarding the University of Calgary:
Although the University of Calgary had roots in the early 20th century, it was established as an independent institution in 1966. During the 1988 Winter Olympics, the university served as a major venue for a number of competitions and events, including the Olympic Oval for speed skating.
This top research university in Canada places a strong emphasis on scientific inquiry and innovation. The university is well-represented in a wide range of academic fields for research. Among the faculty at the University of Calgary is a Nobel laureate. The 1990 Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to Dr. Richard E. Taylor, a professor at the university.
One of the top business schools in Canada, the Haskayne School of Business of the university is well known for its excellence. Engineering graduates from the highly esteemed Schulich School of Engineering have a long history of achievement.
With students from all over the world, the university is known for having a varied and welcoming student body. A significant collection of artwork and cultural relics are housed in the Nickle Galleries at the university, and rare book collections are also available in the library.
Significant environmental responsibility measures have been made by the university, including a commitment to lowering its carbon footprint and funding sustainability projects. The University of Calgary is actively involved in the community, including through relationships with neighborhood organizations and contributions to Calgary’s cultural and economic growth.
The university is home to a number of renowned research institutions, including the Hotchkiss Brain Institute and the Alberta Children’s Hospital Research Institute. The school is well known for its breathtaking architecture and beautiful environs, including the neighboring Rocky Mountains and the Bow River.
The university is home to the Dinos, who compete in a variety of sports and have a history of success. The university maintains a competitive athletic program. The University of Calgary is a well-known institution in Canada and abroad because to these facts, which demonstrate its dedication to academic achievement, innovative research, and community involvement.
University of Calgary Scholarship Highlights
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- University Name: University of Calgary
- Study in: Canada
- Application Deadline: December 1st
- Program Period: According to the selected Bachelor program.
University of Calgary Courses Offered
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Science.
- School of Engineering.
- School of Medicine.
- School of Business.
- Faculty of Environmental Design.
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Kinesiology.
- Faculty of Social work.
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
- School of Education.
- Faculty of Arts.
- Faculty of Nursing.
- For more information click here.
University of Calgary Scholarship Benefits
The University of Calgary Scholarships are of following types:
- Energizing Canada International Entrance Scholarship: $20,000 (Renewable)
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship: $15,000 (Renewable)
Eligibility for University of Calgary Scholarship
To qualify for the University of Calgary Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
Energizing Canada International Entrance Scholarship:
- Offered annually to an international student entering first year in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Calgary. Renewable in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00 over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms.
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Must have graduated from a recognized high school in China, including Hong Kong and Macau.
- Preference to a student entering the Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Health Sciences, or Bachelor of Arts – Urban Studies program.
University of Calgary Scholarship International Entrance :
- Offered annually to undergraduate international students entering first year in any undergraduate degree in the upcoming fall term who have satisfied the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement. Renewable in the second, third and fourth year at the University of Calgary, provided recipients achieve a GPA of 2.60 or more over a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous fall and winter terms and continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as an international student.
- International students who are required to pay a differential fee and who are not Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada.
- Academic merit.
How to Apply for University of Calgary Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the University of Calgary Scholarship:
(1) Apply for your undergraduate program at the university:
- You can start your application. Begin by creating a UCalgary eID.
- Use the application guide to help you with your application.
- Submit your application and pay your $145 application fee.
- Based on your application, we’ll let you know in your Calgary Student Center how and where to submit any required documents. Visit the documents page for more information.
(2) Apply for the Scholarship, Follow the next steps:
- Access your Student Center in your my U of C portal.
- In your Student Center, click on the “My Financials” page.
- Scroll down to the Awards & Scholarships section, and click on “Apply for Undergraduate Awards”. Please ensure popups are enabled. If popups are blocked the page will not display.
- A pop-up window will open on your screen with any open applications or ones that recently closed. Please pay attention to the Application Available and Application Deadline dates.