The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) 2023 is waiting to help you get started on your educational journey. What is a CSC scholarship? What are the benefits? How do I apply? All of these questions and more will be answered in this post.
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) 2023 is available for international students and pays for everything. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, master’s, and PhD studies at more than 280 Chinese universities. The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) 2023 covers accommodation, basic health insurance, and a monthly allowance of up to 3500 Yuan.
This scholarship was established to encourage cultural exchange, international collaboration, political dialogue, and mutual understanding between China and other countries. The program is open to international students from anywhere in the world.
Submit your application through the CSC site to be considered for a Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC). The next step is for the candidate to submit an application to the chosen university, along with the CSC scholarship application form and any additional supporting materials.
Eligibility requirements for a Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) are as follows:
- International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
- Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Age Required:
- Undergraduate students must not be more than 25 years old,
- For master’s degree age limit is 35 years
- For PhD degree, age limit is 40 years
- Qualification Required:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate students,
- Bachelor Degree for the masters degree
- Masters degree for the doctoral degree.
How to Apply
To apply for a Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) Kindly follow the simple and easy application procedure:
- The CSC Scholarship application period is January to April. Some universities have various deadlines. You should check universities’ deadlines.
- Online application for CSC Scholarship (in English or Chinese). You can apply to three universities with this CSC account.
- At the start of the online application form, you must select the type of scholarship (A, B, or C) and the number of authorized agency or university (a code that you will find on the internet or that will be provided by the university, you have selected.
- After completing the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) online application, you must attach PDF documents (list is given below).
- After submitting your online Chinese Scholarship application, download this application.
- Choose Chinese University and Course.
- Check if your chosen Chinese university requires an online admissions application and Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) application.
- If the university requires an online application, submit your Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) application online.
- Send the university 2 sets of documents (mentioned below).
- Mid-July, results will be posted on the application page. From then on, the entities mail the necessary documents to process the candidates’ study visas in their home countries.
The following documents are required for a Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC):
- Degree and transcript notarized.
- Official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Attach this doctor-filled form. Make sure the form is signed by the doctor and includes an official hospital or medical center seal. At least one stamp must go over the card photo. Forms older than 6 months from the date of application are not accepted.
- Attach a CV in English or Chinese, or fill it up directly in the application form (the space is quite short, I recommend that you attach this information in an attached document).
- Last instructors’ recommendation letters in English or Chinese.
- If you’re not from an English-speaking country and plan to study in English, take the TOEFL or IELTS. Each university sets minimum graduation scores for each course. If you don’t have an IELTS certificate, you can give a simple certificate showing that your last degree was taught in English. English proficiency certificate.
- Plan/Proposal for Study.
- A passport copy.
- Having an HSK diploma (Chinese level) is NOT required to apply for this scholarship, but you must attach it. The Chinese government will pay for up to two years of Chinese-language university so you can complete your program. If you already have a degree, your training will be cheaper, increasing your scholarship chances. This rationale doesn’t apply to English-taught courses, as enrollment rates are twice as high as for Chinese courses.
- An acceptance letter from a Chinese university’s professors is also important but not required. Some universities prefer candidates with acceptance letters, while others don’t require them, although having one is a plus. If you’re applying to a university with limited seats, get an acceptance letter. If you’re applying to a high-ranked university, attempt to get an acceptance letter. In October, email professors for acceptance letters. Send emails to professors in your specialty at your target university. Don’t replicate others’ emails; write your own.
- Tips: How to find faculty at your selected university? Google the university name, such as Zhejiang University Biochemistry or Life Sciences. You’ll see faculty. If the professor doesn’t reply, don’t send too many emails; they may be busy or have enough students.
- Another important but not essential requirement is pre-admission letter from the destination university. This letter from the university says you’re wanted. It’s not easy unless you’ve studied there and they know your merits. Having it increases your chances of getting a scholarship at that university. If you don’t have one, you may be sent to another university on your list (during the application process, you can choose three) or, in the worst scenario, to any university they choose.
- If you have research articles or other awards, attach them.
- If a Chinese university demands a screening or cost, submit it. Print its receipt and attach it to your two document sets.
Note: To ensure that your Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) application documents reach the correct Chinese university on time, it is recommended that you use a reputable courier service to mail them directly to the university’s address.
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) provide the following benefits:
- Type A CSC Scholarship covers registration costs, shared university, basic medical insurance, and a monthly allowance for personal expenses (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, approximately 350 and 500 USD respectively).
- Type B CSC Scholarship covers the same as Type A, except for personal expenses.
- Another partial scholarship with few rewards is Type C CSC.
Note: Type A CSC scholarships are more popular, hence they are more competitive. If you can pay living expenses, apply for a Type B or Type C CSC scholarship.
Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) FAQs
How much Percentage or GPA is required for CSC scholarship?
To earn a scholarship, you need a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4-point scale (80 on a 100-point scale) or above.
Is CSC Scholarship fully funded?
CSC Scholarship 2023 is fully funded: CNY 2500 RMB Monthly stipend, tuition, and housing are free.
How to write a CV for CSC scholarship?
Some important CV sections are:
-Personal statement/career goal/summary.
-Additional information (Scholarships/Awards/Competitions)