This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to study in the United States on a fully funded scholarship. Fulbright scholarships are available right now. In this piece, we’ll break down all you need to know to apply for this scholarship, as well as the many advantages of receiving it.
In 2023 and 2024, international students can apply for the fully funded Fulbright Scholarship. Only those pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree are eligible to receive this scholarship. All participants in the Fulbright Foreign Student Program get full financial support, which includes tuition, housing, transportation, and medical care.
The Fulbright Scholarships are paid for by the U.S. Department of State. They are part of the country’s most important international educational exchange program and are meant to help people from all over the world get to know each other and live in peace by sharing knowledge and culture. Grants are given to qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, country of origin, gender, age, religion, wealth, ability, or identity.
The goal of the Fulbright Scholarship Program is to attract more students from groups that are underrepresented in U.S. colleges and universities. People from minority groups, those from low-income families, and those from other demographics that have historically been under-represented in higher education are given priority when awarding the scholarships.
- Study Level: Masters and PhD
- Institution(s): USA Universities and Academic Institutions
- Study in: USA
- Courses Offered: All fields, including interdisciplinary courses.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program.
- Award: Full Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Nationality: International
- Fulbright Scholarship Deadline: Varies per countries, Check here.
The eligibility requirements for a Fulbright Scholarship are as follows:
- Language: English
- Countries: International students from 155 countries around the world.
- Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country.
- Please see the country specific websites to find information about the Fulbright Scholarship in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
How to Apply
To apply for a Fulbright Scholarship Kindly follow the simple and easy application procedure:
(1) Online Application Tips: In order to apply for the Fulbright Scholarship, you will need to gather a number of items that will be used by the USEFP to evaluate your qualifications. You need to include everything in your application.
(2) Prepare Academic Transcripts and Degrees: All transcripts and degrees from a 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent (equivalent programs include international 3-year bachelor programs or ACCA). PhD aspirants must submit their M.Phil. or MS degrees and transcripts. You can apply in your final year of undergrad if you graduate by December 2018.
USEFP looks at transcripts holistically, not simply by GPA. They consider your school, courses, and course performance. They also account for universities’ grading systems. There is no minimum GPA to apply; however, most successful Fulbright Scholarship students have good undergraduate records. The Fulbright panel also considers undergraduate academics.
Also check: Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) 2023
(3) Take the GRE General Test and TOEFL: When submitting your application, you may report the unofficial GRE score given on test day or your official score if you have it. Each applicant must use code 9388 to ask ETS to send an official score report directly to USEFP. The application requires GRE general (international) test scores. A good GRE score for engineering and science is 315+ and for other professions, 310+. There is no need for a GRE subject test.
Fulbright Scholarship applicants need 138 verbal and 136 quantitative GRE scores. Accepted applicants have a high GRE score. Fulbright will only consider your top GRE score if you take it numerous times. The TOEFL is not required at application time. Interviewees must take the TOEFL. IELTS is invalid.
(4) Prepare two essays: The Fulbright Scholarship requires two essays. Each application essay must be about 800 words. Write clearly so the Fulbright panel, which doesn’t know your world, can understand you. Before writing essays, create a marketing plan. Successful applicants take 4-6 weeks to write and edit their essays.
(5) Three recommendation letters are required for the Fulbright Scholarship: Three recommendations are due with your application. You can have 3 academic letters, 2 academic and 1 professional letter, or 2 professional and 1 academic letter. 1 academic reference letter is needed. Your referees must fill out the reference forms in the application packet, then sign, stamp, and seal them in an envelope. Once you submit your online application, referees will receive an email form.
There’s no set procedure for who should write your references. USEFP does not want to put your application at risk by asking your employer to write a recommendation. Find people who know you and ask them to respond. A former employer, teacher, or researcher can help.
Also check: Danish Government Scholarship 2023 Denmark
(6) Prepare an Academic Resume: Candidates should use the application’s resume form to submit their most recent and relevant resume. It is not necessary to have it in a special format. Please take the time to read this helpful piece on writing a winning academic CV (resume) for a scholarship.
(7) Submit an online application: The Fulbright Scholarship Program does not charge an application fee. The online application has been submitted.
(8) Interview: Your written application may be submitted by way of a panel interview. Interview decisions are made by mid-September, and interviews are conducted in October. If USEFP doesn’t contact you by October, you probably weren’t chosen. The interview indicates selection but not admission. Interviews are 15 to 30 minutes long and conducted by a panel of 4 people. You must bring your TOEFL registration form to the interview, although taking the exam before the interview is not required.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) and the country specific websites for detailed information on how to apply for the Fulbright Scholarship.
The Fulbright Scholarship 2023 deadline varies per country. But generally it is between February to October annually.
The Fulbright Scholarship provide the following benefits:
- The Fulbright Scholarship covers tuition, a living stipend, airfare and health insurance, etc. The Fulbright program provides funding for the duration of the study.
- See the official website and country specific websites for the complete list of scholarship benefits.
The Fulbright Scholarship FAQs
What is Fulbright scholarship?
With the research of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, international graduate students, young professionals, and artists can attend and study at universities and other academic institutions in the United States.
How many candidates win the Fulbright scholarship?
Since its start in 1946, the Fulbright Program has awarded an average of 8,000 awards yearly. Awards are given to a wide range of people, including several hundred teachers and professionals in addition to over 2,000 American students, 4,000 international students, over 800 American scholars, and 900 visiting scholars.
What GPA required for Fulbright scholarship?
Though many successful applicants will surely have excellent academic records, your GPA and transcripts are not the key determinants in being awarded a Fulbright. A minimum GPA is not required to apply for a Fulbright.