We are excited to offer up to 15 Assistant and Associate Professor jobs in Sweden at the Jonkoping International Business School (JIBS). Applications are presently being accepted by the university for the academic year 2023.
Applicants must have a strong interest in both teaching and doing research that has an effect on both academics and practitioners to be considered. The candidates should be well-versed in communication techniques and have a distinct academic focus.
Jonkoping International Business School is located in Jönköping, Sweden’s central-south region. JIBS offers degrees in business administration, economics, informatics, statistics, and commercial law at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate levels. Among the areas of concentration at the school are entrepreneurship, ownership, and rejuvenation. There is a culture at the school that encourages students to start their own businesses, and many do so every year.
Among Swedish business and economics instructors, JIBS has the highest rate of exchange studies. At JIBS, incoming exchange students are closely interwoven with program participants. They connect at extracurricular events run by the JIBS Student Association and take classes together.
Interesting Facts About Jonkoping International Business School (JIBS)
A business school called Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) is situated in Jönköping, in central southern Sweden. The university has entrepreneurship, ownership, and rejuvenation as its core areas.
With 30% of teachers and 45% of students coming from outside of Sweden, 128 partner institutions around the world, and a reputation for excellence in entrepreneurship and family business research, JIBS is known for its global education and research environment. There is a culture at the school that encourages students to start their own businesses, and many do so every year.
The Center for Family Entrepreneurship and Ownership, the Media Management and Transformation Center, and the Center for Entrepreneurship and Spatial Economics are three of the school’s research centers.
The institution is a part of the 1994-founded Jönköping University Foundation. In the fields of business administration, economics, informatics, statistics, and commercial law, JIBS grants bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees.
Numerous undergraduate and graduate programs are available at JIBS in both Swedish and English. Students at JIBS start new businesses every year. Often, they do this in the Science Park in Jonkoping, which works closely with the school.
This fosters an entrepreneurial culture among the students. Working with industry is heavily prioritized. As one of the first schools in Scandinavia to provide complete programs in English at all levels, the school has been a leader in advancing internationalization.
One of the first institutions to accept equally qualified Swedish and non-Swedish students into its programs It is the top-ranked institution in Sweden for exchange programs, and in some programs, 85% of students spend a semester studying abroad.
- University: Jonkoping International Business School (JIBS)
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Assistant / Associate Professor jobs
- Award: Salary and other benefits
- Number of Awards: 15
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Sweden.
- Application Deadline: Open
To qualify for jobs in Sweden at JIBS candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Business Administration, business economics, entrepreneurship, finance, and financial economics.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You have documented teaching expertise and experience and have taken a course in teaching and learning in higher education (or acquired the knowledge through experience). You have a strong research profile. Furthermore, you have proven abilities to interact with business and society and have demonstrated an ability to plan, organize and prioritize work effectively.
How to Apply
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the jobs in Sweden at JIBS:
- How to Apply: To be considered for the scholarships, applicants must have to complete the application form at the Jonkoping International Business School.
- Supporting Documents: Attachments are preferred in PDF form and must include:
- A personal cover letter motivates your suitability and interest in the position.
- A complete CV including attested credentials, academic experience, and a publication list.
- It is attested certificates/diplomas.
- A pedagogic portfolio.
- Course evaluations.
- Three professional references.
- Five academic publications and your dissertation.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a PhD in Business Administration, Economics, or Finance in a relevant subject.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have fluent in written and spoken English and have excellent communication skills.
The Jobs in Sweden at JIBS will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The Jonkoping International Business School will offer a monthly salary to the selected candidates for Assistant and Associate Professor jobs with permanent and full-time positions in Sweden.