It is the world’s first Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree FIPDes course designed to address the global concerns of food innovation, product design, and packaging.
FIPDes is training a new generation of food professionals that are competent at working across borders and who have an inclusive vision of innovation in order to generate sound, sustainable, and healthy food solutions for future generations.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree FIPDes is a four-university joint master’s program. These universities, which are among Europe’s oldest and most prominent, provide this truly integrated and unique program, which takes a comprehensive and cross-disciplinary approach to everything from initial conception to prototypes to consumption, and from raw materials to packaged goods.
Also check: UBC Undergraduate Scholarships 2023 Canada
In four different EU nations, FIPDes students study, live, and get professional experience. They benefit from the most competitive and innovative learning settings available, which are based on participatory learning, cooperation, R&D projects, and hands-on training in collaboration with cutting-edge research, culinary, and industrial facilities.
Also check: IST Postdoctoral Fellowships, Austria 2023
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Eurasmus Mundus
- Number of Awards: 25 students from all over the world.
- Courses Offered: Food science innovation and packaging.
- Program Period: Two years.
- Deadline: before January 25th, 2023, 14:00 (CET)
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree FIPDes Scholarship will give out all of the following awards based on how well students do in school:
- The EMJMD scholarships are including student participation costs (including the tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to student participation in the course), a contribution to student travel and installation cost and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study program.
Eligibility requirements for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree FIPDes Scholarship are as follows:
- Required Languages: English (you will have the opportunity to study French language during the course).
- Eligible Countries: All world Countries.
- Background: BSc: degree or equivalent degree of at least 180 ECTS or equivalent in food science and technology, biotechnology, process engineering, biochemistry, nutrition or food related fields with a number of prerequisites (e.g. chemistry, biotechnology, process technology/engineering, biochemistry, mathematics, statistics) representing at least three years of study from a foreign institute of higher education. Candidates should be interested in a truly international academic experience and aiming for an international career.
- English language proficiency level: (“B2 level” according to CEFR, advanced) demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL at minimum level 575.
- Internet-based TOEFL at minimum level 90.
- IELTS at minimum level 6.5.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency (FCE with B2 level, CAE or CPE).
- Students with English as their mother tongue (the copy of a passport is needed to prove this).
- Students who have completed a higher education degree with English as a medium of instruction (a certificate from the university is required to prove this).
- Stay of more than a year in an English-speaking country (a certificate from employer or other as applicable, or a copy of the passport page showing visa to enter and leave the English-speaking country, is needed to prove this).
- Exemptions can exceptionally be made for outstanding students with a lower English proficiency level.
How to Apply?
To apply for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree FIPDes Scholarship Kindly follow the simple and easy application procedure:
(1) Prepare the required documents as follows:
- Completed application form.
- A scan of Passport.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of Motivation.
- Copy of BSc-degree or equivalent.
- Translation of Diploma.
- Transcripts of academic records for each year of the BSc degree or equivalent.
- Recommendation letter: Two reference letters (signed and stamped, if possible use the FIPDes form.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Proof of your Place of Residence.
(2) Apply for this scholarship through the link given below and attach the above mentioned documents.
Erasmus Mundus FAQs
How competitive is the application process for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship?
We get 400-500 applications a year and admit 80-90. We aim to provide 24 Erasmus Mundus scholarships for 2023-25, therefore 25% will be admitted as scholarship students and 75% as self-funded students.
How much GPA is needed for Erasmus Mundus scholarship?
There’s no need for work experience. If you’re 16 or older, you can apply. You can apply despite a low CGPA (previously, there were scholarship recipients with a 2.5 to 3.0 CGPA).