The Saint Martin’s University Scholarships in the USA are available to deserving students for the academic year 2023-2024. Only new international students who wish to begin their graduate studies at Saint Martin’s University (SMU) during the academic year 2023–2024 are eligible for the Saint Martin’s University Scholarship program.
In Lacey, Washington, there is a private Benedictine institution called Saint Martin’s University. The Benedictine Order created the university in 1895 as an all-boys residential school, but it didn’t start awarding degrees until 1940. According to Regional Universities West, SMU is ranked 35th.
Through the confluence of religion, intellect, and service, Saint Martin’s University students learn how to improve both their own lives and the lives of others. The university’s way of life is based on rigor in thinking, moral action, and behavior.
Interesting Facts About Saint Martin’s University (SMU)
In Lacey, Washington, there is a private Benedictine institution called Saint Martin’s University. The Benedictine Order monks established it as an all-boys residential school in 1895. In 1900, Saint Martin’s started providing college-level courses, and in 1940, it started awarding degrees.
In 1965, the college became coeducational. Saint Martin’s University (SMU) received its new name in 2005, replacing Saint Martin’s College. On the campus, there is a Benedictine monastery that is active, and some of the monks are also lecturers.
Saint Martin of Tours, a monk, missionary, and ultimately Bishop of Tours, is the patron saint of Saint Martin. The institution and Saint Martin’s Abbey, which founded it, are situated on 300 acres (1.2 km2) of forested, rocky, and meandering terrain.
Abbot Bernard Locnikar, O.S.B., of Saint John’s Abbey, Collegeville, Minnesota—the mother abbey of St. Martin’s Abbey—chose the location in 1894. The woodland area that would become Saint Martin’s campus was bought for $6,920 at a public auction on April 21, 1894.
After Saint Martin’s initial building’s construction got underway in January 1895, a four-story structure housing the school and a monastery was complete by late summer. The school at the time provided older boys and young men with commercial and classical education in addition to preparatory sessions for boys.
The one substantial structure on campus also served as housing for boarding students who arrived from outside the city. Many of the university’s classrooms and offices are still housed in what is now known as Old Main.
Saint Martin’s University Scholarship Highlights
- University Name: Saint Martin’s University (SMU)
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: $500 per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Application Deadline: Check Link.
Eligibility for Saint Martin’s University Scholarship
- All international students are eligible to apply for the Saint Martin’s University Scholarship.
- Graduate degree programs in any subject offered at Saint Martin’s University can be applied for.
- To be eligible for the Saint Martin’s University Scholarship, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicants must be international graduate students enrolled at the university.
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply for Saint Martin’s University Scholarship?
- The applicants are required to submit an admission application on the university portal. The application for the award can be submitted along with the admissions application. All students meeting the scholarship eligibility criteria will be considered accordingly.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Up-to-date CV/resume.
- Two letters of recommendation plus either a third letter of recommendation or a professional reference with contact information
- A personal statement (each graduate program outlines different requirements for this)
- The applicants must meet the admission requirements of the graduate program they wish to enter at Saint Martin’s University (SMU).
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Saint Martin’s University Scholarship Benefits
The Saint Martin’s University Scholarship will give $500 a year to the winners of this award.