There’s good news! Internships at the United Nations are presently open. We will go through the details of this internship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
International students are welcome to apply for UN Internships in 2023-2024. The internship will last between 2 and 6 months. Internships with the United Nations will provide a certificate as well as valuable experience working with the UN.
The United Nations (UN) is tasked with finding solutions to the world’s most complicated challenges. The 40,000 employees work to safeguard international peace and security, foster cordial ties between nations, and advance socioeconomic progress, higher living conditions, and human rights.
The United Nations, in order to be effective in solving the world’s problems, need a diverse workforce to contribute to these solutions. To successfully and efficiently support the Organization’s goals, the Office of Human Resources fosters a dynamic, adaptive, mobile workforce with the highest degree of competence and integrity.
Also check: Lazord Fellowship 2023 Egypt-Tunisia-Jordan
The United Nations provides a stimulating, diverse, and inclusive work environment. This internship offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with people from diverse backgrounds to solve a wide range of problems. We’re looking for a motivated, responsible intern to join our team. If you are chosen, you will join a global intern cohort and work on challenging and rewarding projects, allowing you to make a genuine difference.
Interesting Facts About United Nations Internships
The United Nations (UN) offers United Nations internship programs that provide opportunities for students and recent graduates to gain practical experience in various fields and departments within the organization. UN internships are highly competitive and sought after by individuals interested in international affairs, development, human rights, and other related areas.
Also check: Italian Government Scholarships 2023-2024
It’s important to note that United Nations internships are generally unpaid, and interns are responsible for their own expenses, including travel, accommodation, and living costs. However, some programs offer a stipend or financial support to cover these expenses, so it is advisable to check the details of each specific internship program.
For detailed and up-to-date information about United Nations internships, including specific programs, application deadlines, and requirements, it is recommended to visit the official UN Careers website or the website of the specific UN department or agency of interest.
United Nations Internships Highlights
- Organization: United Nations ( Internship )
- Location: All world countries
- Internship Focused Areas: Click here to view all available areas
- Internship Period: 2 to 6 months
- Internship Deadline: Check deadline here
United Nations Internship Benefits
United Nations Internships will provide certificate and exciting experience to work with the United Nations office.
Also check: CERN Internship 2023 Geneva
Eligibility for United Nations Internships
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for United Nations Internships:
- Required Languages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For this position fluency in English is required, knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology..
Also check: Latest Marshall Scholarships 2023-2024 UK
Education: To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants at the time of application must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in journalism, communications, human development, psychology, sociology, disability inclusion, international relations, human resources or related field; or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in a and b above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation;
- If pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages, have completed at least four years of full time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree in journalism, communications, human development, psychology, sociology, disability inclusion, international relations, human resources or related field;
- Be computer literate in standard word processing and software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel or similar and proficient in standard office automation equipment scanner, printer, etc.).
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to win United Nations Internships:
- Create an account on the United Nations Portal from here.
- Fill in your profile.
- Search for the internship and apply for it.
- A completed online application (Cover Letter and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- The Cover Letter must include:
•Title of degree you are currently pursuing;
•Graduation date (when you will be graduating from the program);
•Explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Program;
•Experience in drafting targeted communications, conducting data analysis, including visualizing and validating data, and using social media;
•Explanation of why you think you are the best candidate for this role;
- In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, communications and data analysis related experience, software used, and three references.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
- Click here for more information on application process.