Good news! The University of Sydney Scholarships is currently open for applications. In this article, we will provide detailed information about this scholarship, including its benefits and the step-by-step application process.
The University of Sydney Scholarships for the 2024-2025 academic year offers fully funded opportunities for international students pursuing undergraduate, masters and PhD programs. The University of Sydney Scholarships covers tuition fees and provides a generous living allowance payable over one year in two equal installments.
It’s important to note that it may take up to four months from the submission of your application to receive an email regarding your application status. There is no separate scholarship application form required. To be considered for the University of Sydney Scholarships, applicants must submit an application for admission to their chosen research degree program.
The University of Sydney Scholarships is open to eligible international candidates interested in pursuing a Undergraduate, Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program. The aim of the University of Sydney Scholarships are to attract high-caliber international postgraduate students to undertake research projects that contribute to the university’s research endeavors.
More About the University of Sydney
Established in 1850, the University of Sydney is a prestigious public research university located in Sydney, Australia. It is Australia’s first university and consistently ranks among the top 25 universities globally according to the QS World University Rankings.
It has a rich history of academic excellence, research innovation, and cultural diversity. As a member of the prestigious Group of Eight (Go8), it is globally recognized for its outstanding contributions to education and research.
The University of Sydney offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs across various disciplines, including arts and social sciences, business, engineering, health sciences, law, medicine, and science. With over 70,000 students from more than 130 countries, it fosters a vibrant and inclusive learning environment that encourages critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration.
Renowned for its world-class research facilities and cutting-edge laboratories, the University of Sydney is at the forefront of groundbreaking discoveries and innovations. Its research institutes and centers tackle global challenges across diverse fields, such as health and medicine, sustainability, technology, and social justice.
Beyond academics, the University of Sydney provides students with a holistic university experience, offering a wide range of extracurricular activities, clubs, and societies. Its picturesque campus, nestled in the heart of Sydney, provides a dynamic and culturally rich environment for students to explore and engage with the local community.
With a commitment to excellence, diversity, and global engagement, the University of Sydney continues to uphold its reputation as a world-class institution dedicated to shaping future leaders and making a positive impact on society.
- Study Level: Bachelor / Masters / PhD
- University name: University of Sydney
- Study in: Australia
- Award: Fully Funded
- Program Duration: Two to four years depending on the course taken.
- Application Deadline: The Applications for the Australian Research Scholarship for International Students is 13th September 2024. Scholarships Application for Bachelor’s Degree will open from 11th April 2024.
University of Sydney Offered Courses:
There is a wide range of Masters Degree Programs & PhD Degree Programs at the University of Sydney. The List of Fields are given below:
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Architecture, Design, and Planning
- Education and Social Work
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Medicine and Health
You can see the all courses list (Click Here)
University of Sydney Scholarships will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
For Masters, PhD:
- University Tuition Fee.
- Free Accommodation.
- A stipend of $37,000 per Annum.
- Medical Funds (Paid sick leave).
- Airfare ($1,250 travel from their home country to Sydney at the commencement of studies and up to $1,250 for travel to return to their home country after successful completion of studies.).
- Master’s degree Reimbursement Funds are up to $420 and for PhD degree is up to $840.
- Paid maternity leave.
- Research funds also offer.
valued at $6000 per year, which are tenable for 1 to 5 years (including for combined undergraduate degrees):
- $6000 per year for the duration of an undergraduate degree
- $6000 for 1 year of an undergraduate degree.
Eligibility for University of Sydney Scholarships
To be eligible for the University of Sydney Scholarships, you must:
- Applicants with any nationality from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- For a Masters by research or a Master of Philosophy: An Undergraduate degree with first or second-class honors from any University reputable are accepted.
- For PhD Research Program: You need to demonstrate sufficient prior research experience and capability. In most cases, you will have either:
- A bachelor’s degree with first or upper second class honors
- A master’s degree performed at a high academic standard, and which includes a substantial component of research
- An equivalent qualification that demonstrates research experience, excellence, and capability.
All Documents must be in English Language to apply for an University of Sydney Scholarships. Please Check the Following Documents carefully
- To apply for Master’s Degree applicants must hold Bachelor’s Degree Diploma (or above) Transcripts
- To apply for PhD Degree Program candidate must have Master’s degree diploma (or above) Transcripts
- The most latest degree verified Transcript with official stamps will be uploaded. (Including Grading Points)
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Research Proposal: (Further Guidelines Click Here)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Supervisor Acceptance Letter
- Official TOEFL or IELTS English language proficiency score. (If English is Not Your First Language)
- Academic thesis or relevant publications (for Ph.D. program applicants)
- Applicants for PhD degree course should submit a copy of Master’s thesis or relevant publications.
- Other reference documents (if applicable)
Note: For Documents Details: Please Check Here.
How to Apply for University of Sydney Scholarships?
All procedures to apply for University of Sydney Scholarships 2024-25 for International Students are conducted online. The step-by-step guideline is provided below. Please also verify the official scholarship link.
University of Sydney Contact Detail:
- 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
- or +61 2 8627 1444
- Open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Student Centre
Level 3 Jane Foss Russell Building Darlington Campus