The University of Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program in Japan is an eight-week hands-on program for biology or related science students. Tokyo University organizes the program for the 2023–2024 academic year.
The scholarship program encourages students in their undergraduate year to apply. Students at University of Tokyo or another university or college may apply. Applicants must have language skills and academic distinction. Winners receive housing, a stipend, and travel costs. There are 20 winners.
Japan’s University of Tokyo is a public research university in Bunky. The university was established in 1877 as the first Imperial University. This University is a Top Type university of the Top Global University Project by the Japanese government, ranked 81st in Best Global Universities and 23rd in QS World University Rankings 2023.
The University of Tokyo is a world-class research and teaching platform that partners with renowned institutes. The university seeks to raise globally responsible leaders and expand through global partnerships.
- University: University of Tokyo
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: 250,000 JPY
- Number of Awards: 20
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Japan.
- Deadline: 1st February 2023.
To qualify for University of Tokyo Scholarships, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Eligible Countries: Japanese and overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants must apply for an undergraduate programme offered at the University of Tokyo or any other university or college awarding a bachelor’s degree.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a strong academic performance.
- The applicants must have good working knowledge in English.
- The applicants must have the interest to pursue PhD.
- The applicants must be undertaking scientific research.
- The applicants must have completed at least the first year of their UG studies at the time of the commencement of the program.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the University of Tokyo Scholarship:
- How to Apply: Admission applications are to be submitted via the university portal. Applications to participate in the scholars’ program must be submitted here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Portrait photo
- Resume/CV and Cover letter
- Scanned copy of Passport or ID card
- Academic transcript
- Consent form
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements of the university, typically a bachelor’s or master’s degree attained in a field relevant to the applied program.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL (iBT) – 72
- IELTS – 5.5
- Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC – 1095
- TOEIC L&R – 785
- TOEIC S&W – 310
The students successfully selected by the University of Tokyo as winners of the program will be offered the following benefits:
- Near-campus accommodation, ideally a room
- A stipend worth 250,000 JPY
- Economy-class airline tickets for flights or round-trip train tickets for domestic students