Initiate a life-altering educational adventure in the land down under with the Australian Government RTP Scholarships 2024. This fully funded scholarship opens doors for international students pursuing master’s and PhD studies in Australia, offering a comprehensive package that includes a monthly stipend, tuition fee offset, and allowances to cover additional research-related expenses.
Managed by participating universities on behalf of the Department of Education and Training, the RTP replaces the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) and has been instrumental since its inception on January 1, 2017. These block grants are allocated to higher education providers (HEPs) to support both domestic and overseas students pursuing higher degrees by research (HDRs), such as Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees.
Applying for Australian Government RTP Scholarships is a direct process, with each university having its own application and selection procedures. Prospective applicants should reach out to their chosen university for guidance on navigating the RTP scheme application.
The Australian Government RTP Scholarships program is designed to offer flexible funding, support the training of students domestically and globally, and foster postgraduate research degrees at Australian universities. Beyond academic pursuits, the program aims to equip graduates with the skills essential for successful careers in academia and various sectors of the labor market.
This initiative also encourages collaborative efforts between universities and industry, facilitating impactful research outcomes. Additional information about commencing a postgraduate research degree and university courses can be explored on the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website. For general inquiries and support arrangements, the Study Assist website provides valuable insights, while a comprehensive FAQ section addresses common student queries.
Seize the opportunity to immerse yourself in Australia’s rich academic landscape, enhance your research capabilities, and build a foundation for a thriving career. Apply for the Australian Government RTP Scholarships and let your academic aspirations soar to new heights.”
- Study Level: Masters, PhD
- University Name: Participating Universities
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Masters by Research Degree or Doctorate Degree offered by participating universities in Australia.
- Program Duration: RTP scholarships are available for a maximum period of two years for a research masters or a minimum of three years, up to a maximum of four years (at the discretion of the HEP) for a research doctorate degree.
- Application Deadline: Different for each University. HEPs are responsible for the application and selection processes for RTP scholarships. Prospective candidates need to contact their chosen HEP’s postgraduate research office directly to discuss how to apply. The list of eligible HEPs is available in Tables A and B of HESA.
Benefits received by recipients of Australian Government RTP Scholarships include:
- An RTP stipend of $45,076 to assist students with their living costs while undertaking a higher degree by research.
- An RTP Fees Offset pays for the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) student that would otherwise have been paid by the student. This requires that a university fully offset tuition fee applicable for a student. This is not a stipend.
- RTP allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree through research (HDR). This includes relocation costs to undertake a HDR, HDR thesis printing and academic publication costs and health cover costs for recipients and their dependents.
Australian Government RTP Scholarships Duration:
- Master’s Program Duration: Up to 2 Years
- PhD Program Duration: Up to 4 Years.
Participating Universities in Australian Government RTP Scholarships:
- Australian Catholic University
- Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Federation University Australia
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Australian National University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Notre Dame Australia
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- Torrens University of Australia
- University of Canberra
- University of Divinity
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of South Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Western Sydney University
List of Available Study Fields:
- Engineering, Computer, and Mathematical Sciences
- Health and Medical Sciences
Eligibility for the Australian Government RTP Scholarships
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for Australian Government RTP Scholarships:
For Masters by Research / Master of Philosophy:
The following qualifications are usually required for submitting an application for a master’s by research or master’s in philosophy:
- To be considered for this program, applicants must have completed at least the equivalent of an Australian Honours degree.
- You should have equivalent experience and capabilities in research.
For PhD Research Program:
You must possess a sufficient amount of research experience to be considered for a PhD
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree with first or upper second class honors, or a master’s degree with substantial research components that are maintained at a high academic standard.
- RTP Candidates must meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements.
How to Apply for Australian Government RTP Scholarships?
The Australian Government RTP Scholarships has the following application requirements:
- HEPs are responsible for the application and selection processes for Australian Government RTP Scholarships. Prospective candidates need to contact their chosen HEP’s postgraduate research office directly to discuss how to apply. The list of eligible HEPs is available in Table A and B of HESA.
- The deadline varies per university.
- It is important to read the Frequently Asked Questions and visit the website of the University where you intend to apply and the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
In conclusion, the Australian Government RTP Scholarships is more than a financial aid program; it is a transformative opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research, build a global network, and lay the foundation for a successful career. Seize this chance to advance your academic pursuits and embark on a rewarding journey in Australia. Apply now and unlock a future enriched with knowledge, experiences, and limitless possibilities.