Opening Doors to Academic Excellence with the Korean Government Scholarships (GKS Fully Funded Scholarships) for undergraduate degree programs in 2024, this opportunity is provided by the Korean Government. This prestigious scholarship aims to empower aspiring scholars by removing financial barriers and fostering global academic collaboration. Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the application process and seize the chance to study in South Korea.
Key Features of the Korean Government Scholarships 2024:
Fully Funded by the Korean Government:
The Korean Government Scholarships for 2024 are a fully funded initiative, ensuring that scholars can focus wholeheartedly on their academic pursuits without the burden of financial constraints. This scholarship opens the door to a world-class education in South Korea.
No IELTS requirement:
Unlike many scholarship programs, the Korean Government Scholarships do not require IELTS. This accessibility factor ensures that a broader pool of talented individuals can apply, emphasizing merit and potential over language proficiency.
262 Scholarships Available:
A total of 262 scholars will be selected for the Korean Government Scholarships. This extensive opportunity caters to a diverse range of academic disciplines and backgrounds. Whether you are pursuing science, the arts, engineering, or any other field, this scholarship provides a platform for your educational aspirations.
Embassy Track and University Track:
The application process is streamlined through two tracks: the Embassy Track and the University Track. In the Embassy Track, applicants apply through the Korean Embassy in their respective countries. In the University Track, applicants can directly apply to one of the designated universities. The scholarship offers flexibility, with 86 seats reserved for the Embassy Track and 176 seats for the University Track.
Global Academic Collaboration:
The Korean Government Scholarships are not just a financial support program; they’re a gateway to global academic collaboration. Scholars will have the opportunity to engage with renowned faculty, industry experts, and fellow scholars from around the world, fostering an enriching and diverse learning environment.
Seize this opportunity to shape your academic future with the Korean Government Scholarships in 2024. Whether you choose the Embassy Track or the University Track, this fully funded scholarship is a stepping stone to a world-class education in South Korea. Apply now to be part of a global community of scholars and embark on a journey of academic excellence and cultural enrichment.
- Scholarships Given By: Korean Government
- Degree level: Undergraduate
- Total No. of awards: 262
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: South Korea
- Application Deadline: Different for the University.
Korean Government Scholarships in South Korea for International Students is a fully funded scholarship to study abroad. It will cover all the expenses. Details are given below:
- A complete tuition fee will be given.
- Living Allowance
- Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Research Support
- Printing Costs (Dissertation)
- Completion Grant
- Language Courses
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
List of Available Study Fields for Korean Government Scholarships:
Applicants can choose any study field from the below study areas:
- Liberal Arts and Social Science
- Natural Science
- Entertainment & Sports
Participating Universities List:
Bachelor’s Degree (8 Universities):
- Ajou University
- Konyang University
- Kookmin University
- Korea Polytechnic University
- Korea University of Technology and Education
- Pusan National University
- Sogang University
- Soonchunhyang University
Associate Degree (2 Universities):
- Kyungbok University
- Yeungjin University
Eligibility for Korean Government Scholarships
- Applicants and their parents, having any nationality other than Korean, are eligible to apply for a Korean scholarship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who has Korean citizenship and citizenship from another country) are not eligible to apply.
- Must be under 25 years of age.
- All applicants must be mentally and physically fit to study in South Korea for a full-time degree or research program.
- Candidate can’t apply for more than one track:
- Applying to both the Embassy track and University tracks (regional university track for Natural Science and engineering majors and associate degree track) is strictly forbidden.
- Applying to both tracks within the university tracks (Regional university track for Natural Science and Engineering majors and the Degree track) is strictly forbidden.
- For the university track applicant, one can only apply to one university and one major.
Note: If an applicant is found to have applied to more than one track, he or she will be disqualified for this scholarship.
While applying for Korean Government Scholarships, applicants have to submit the following documents:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- Letters of Recommendation
- Global Korea Applicants Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Certificate of High School Graduation
- High School Transcripts
- Proof of Citizenship
- Parents Proof of Citizenship
University Track: Applicants have to submit one set of original documents.
The deadline for Korean Government Scholarships in South Korea is set by each Korean Embassy or University that accepts applications. All applicants must check the last date to apply for Global Korea by contacting the relevant embassy or desired university.
About Global Korea Scholarship Tracks
Students can apply for Korean Government Scholarships in South Korea using one of the following tracks:
University Track: Total Awards: 176
The Regional University Track is only for Natural Science and Engineering majors. Applicants who plan to apply to Global Korea through the University Track must submit their applications to the university of their choice.
Applicants to the University Track must choose the option “General” for the type of application.
Embassy Track: Total Awards: 86
How to Apply for the GKS Fully Funded Scholarships?
Applicants can apply for Korean Government Scholarships University Track & Embassy Track. You have to complete the procedure. A detailed procedure is given below:
- While applying to the Korean embassy, a candidate needs to dispatch original or attested documents to the embassy.
- On the other hand, applying directly to the university requires a candidate to submit all documents to the domestic university.
- An applicant applying via the embassy can apply to 3 universities whereas an applicant applying directly to the university can apply only to 1 university.
- Students passing round two of the Embassy track process should not consider it the final selection.
Apply directly to the university or Embassy
You have to choose one university from the list of universities provided above and apply to that university. The university will nominate your name and send your application to NIIED, where they will make the final selection. Or students can apply using the Korean Embassy in their country. The official link is given below: