Start your academic study in the United Kingdom. There’s good news! The Chevening Scholarship is now open for application.
We will go through the details of this scholarship, its application perks, and the application process step by step in this article. For international students, this Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded masters’s scholarship. This Scholarship includes university tuition, a monthly living stipend, an economy class return flight to the United Kingdom, and other scholarships and allowances to meet necessary expenses.
This Scholarship offers future leaders and influencers from around the globe a unique opportunity to advance professionally and academically, network globally, learn about British culture, and form long-lasting beneficial relationships with the UK. This Scholarship is the UK government’s international awards programme aimed at developing worldwide leaders. Around 1,500 scholarships will be awarded worldwide.
This Scholarship provides two types of awards– Scholarships and Fellowships–funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, with beneficiaries chosen personally by British embassies and high commissioners around the globe.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): UK Universities
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: Full-time taught Masters Degree Program in any subject.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program but not more than one year postgraduate course.
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: November 2, 2022
Chevening Scholarship 2022, provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
To be eligible for Chevening Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship ?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Chevening Scholarship:
- Choose your country from here, then choose Chevening Scholarship.
- Create an account here.
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete the quiz to assure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Fill the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer by 14 July 2022).
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be invited to upload two references. The deadline is 22 February 2022).
- Passport / ID document.
- Submit the application.
To know more about Chevening Scholarships, please visit Official Website.