Begin your academic study in Italy. There’s good news! The application period for the Italian Government Scholarship 2023-2024 is now open. We will describe the Italian Government scholarship, its perks, and the application step in step in this article.
The Italian Government Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully financed scholarship for international students interested in pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree at one of Italy’s leading universities. The Italian Government scholarship offers 900 euros in monthly installments, tuition, and medical insurance.
According to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) intends to promote scientific and technological cooperation, international cultural cooperation, Italian language and culture, and to support Italy’s economic system in the world. Scholarships are available to pursue study, training, and/or research programmes at both public and legally authorised Italian Higher Education Institutes.
Also check: Latest Marshall Scholarships 2023-2024 UK
Italy will educate you more than Italian, with 61 dynamic public universities, 30 private universities, and 11 public research organisations, pioneering university programmes, AFAM (Centers for higher artistic education), and 339 English-language courses.
Interesting Facts About Italian Government Scholarship
The Italian Government Scholarship, also known as the Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students or the “Invest Your Talent in Italy” program, is a scholarship scheme offered by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. The scholarship aims to support international students who wish to pursue higher education in Italy.
Here are some key details about the Italian Government Scholarship:
- Eligibility: The scholarship is open to students from non-European Union (EU) countries. Eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific scholarship program. Generally, applicants should hold a foreign secondary school diploma or an equivalent qualification and meet the academic requirements set by the Italian university they wish to attend.
- Scholarship Types: The Italian Government Scholarship offers different types of scholarships, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD scholarships. Some scholarships are specific to certain fields of study, such as engineering, fashion, design, and architecture.
- Benefits: The scholarship provides financial support, which may include tuition fee waivers, accommodation allowances, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses. The exact benefits and coverage may vary depending on the scholarship program.
- Application Process: To apply for the Italian Government Scholarship, applicants typically need to complete an online application form and submit supporting documents, such as academic transcripts, recommendation letters, a statement of purpose, and a CV. The application process may also involve an interview or additional assessments.
- Selection Process: The selection process for the Italian Government Scholarship is competitive and conducted by a selection committee. Candidates are assessed based on their academic achievements, motivation, potential for success, and relevance to the chosen field of study.
- Obligations: Scholarship recipients are expected to comply with the rules and regulations set by the Italian university they are enrolled in. They may have to fulfill certain academic requirements and maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout the duration of their studies.
It is important to note that specific details, application deadlines, and available scholarships may vary from year to year. Therefore, it is advisable to visit the official websites of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation or the Italian embassy/consulate in your home country for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the Italian Government Scholarship programs.
Also check: UTAS Support to Study Awards 2023 Australia
Italian Government Scholarship Highlights
- Level of Study: Masters / PhD
- Organization: Italian Higher Education Institutes
- Study in: Italy
- Offered Courses: It is possible to apply for every course organized by Universities recognized by the Italian Ministry of University and Research (MUR). In any case, it is up to the applicant to verify directly with the chosen university the existence of course.
- Program Period: The scholarship duration can be three, six, or nine months depending on the type of course.
- Deadline: JUNE 9TH 2023.
Italian Government Scholarship Benefits
Italian Government Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Health and Medical Insurance
Grantees will be covered by a health and medical/accident insurance contracted by MAECI for the entire duration of the grant. Insurance coverage will not apply to events derived from pre-existing physical and pathological conditions.
- Tuition Fees
Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University. Exemption is not granted for courses in Italian language and culture, for which enrollment fees are due.
- Financial Grant
Grantees will receive a 900 Euros monthly allowance on a quarterly basis, which will be paid on their Italian bank account.
Eligibility for Italian Government Scholarship
Following is the eligibility criteria for Italian Government Scholarship for International Students:
- Required Language is English
- Eligible Countries: Students from eligible foreign countries
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programs/ Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applications must only be submitted by foreign students not residing in Italy.
- Applicants for PhD Programs should not be over 30 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Proof of proficiency in Italian is not required for courses entirely taught in English.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this call.
- In this case, applicants must provide a language certificate of their proficiency in English Language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Admission to the first year of a Master’s Degree course in Italy requires the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in the applicants country of origin; admission to the second year is granted to applicants upon evidence to be on track with their first year studies.
- For Italian language and culture courses, applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is A2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- To be admitted to an Italian AFAM Institute, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the relevant University/Institute.
- To be admitted to a PhD in Italy, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the University; they are also required to provide a letter of acceptance on behalf of the relevant Italian University.
- For a research under academic supervision grants can be awarded to research projects carried out at the Italian Research Institutions (i.e Italian Research Council – CNR, Italian National Institute of Health – ISS, Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics – INFN, Italian National Institute for Astrophysics – INAF, The Italian Institute for Environmental Protection and Research – ISPRA) under the academic supervision of public Universities or Museums and Archives.
Also check: Macquarie University Scholarships 2023 Australia
How to Apply for Italian Government Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to win Italian Government Scholarship:
(1) Create an account on this website by clicking Here.
(2) Fill the online application form
(3) Following documents are required
- Score statement.
- Recommendation letter.
- Admission from the university in Italy.
- A letter of no more than 1000 words.