Deakin University International Scholarships are open to international students who wish to study at Deakin University Australia for an undergraduate or master’s degree in the academic year 2022-2023. This scholarship will cover 25% of your tuition costs.
Deakin University honors students who have demonstrated a high level of academic achievement and the capacity to make significant contributions to the university and its communities. The Deakin International Scholarship will be offered to unsuccessful applicants of the Deakin Vice-International Chancellor’s Scholarship.
Deakin University provides a tailored learning environment that is enhanced by cutting-edge digital engagement. Deakin University sets the standard by providing opportunities for people to live and work in a connected, changing world.
Deakin University has almost 40 years of experience as one of Australia’s leading tertiary education institutions and annually teaches over 60,000 students. Deakin University offers world-class programmes and limitless opportunities to its students.
More About Deakin University
Deakin University is a public university in Victoria, Australia. The university was named after Alfred Deakin, Australia’s second Prime Minister, when it was established in 1974.
It has main campuses in Melbourne’s Burwood district, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, and Warrnambool, as well as an online Cloud Campus. Deakin University also has learning centers in Dandenong and Werribee, both in the state of Victoria.
As of 2021, Deakin University is ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world, one of the top 26 young universities in the world, the 3rd highest ranked university in the world for Sport Science, one of the top 29 universities in the world for Nursing, one of the top 32 universities in the world for Education, and one of fewer than 5% of Business Schools worldwide with Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business accreditation.
Deakin University research activities are expanding. In the 2018 Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) ratings, all Deakin research was rated at or above world standard. Its total research funding increased from A$4.5 million in 1997 to A$47.2 million in 2015. The university’s research income in 2020 was $87.6 million, with 247 Higher Degree by Research completions.
Deakin University consistently ranks highly in undergraduate student satisfaction; in the 2019 Student Experience Survey, Deakin had the fourth highest student satisfaction rating nationally, the highest student satisfaction rating among all Australian public universities, and the highest student satisfaction rating among all Victorian universities.
Deakin has consistently had the highest undergraduate student satisfaction ratings of any Victorian university since 2010, and has consistently placed in the top two for highest postgraduate student satisfaction ratings of any Victorian university since 2010.
Deakin University Scholarship Highlights
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- University: Deakin University
- Study in: Australia
- Deadline: This scholarship is open to all students starting their studies at Deakin. It is recommended that scholarship applications be submitted at least one month prior to starting your studies at Deakin.
- Program Period: Deakin University scholarship is available for the normal duration of the course.
- Architecture and construction management
- Education and teaching
- English language courses
- Food, nutrition and dietetics
- Health sciences and allied health
- Humanities, social sciences and languages
- Information technology
- Media, communications and creative arts
- Nursing and midwifery
For more about available courses click here.
Also check: Bay Atlantic University Scholarships 2023 USA
The Deakin International Scholarship will cover 25% of your tuition fees.
Eligibility for Deakin International Scholarship
To qualify for the Deakin International Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Be a prospective international student for a coursework degree at Deakin University.
- Be eligible to study at Deakin University.
- Have achieved a 65% average (or equivalent) in previous studies.
Note: The selection of successful applicants for the fixed number of scholarships will be competitive and may require scores above the stated minimum requirements.
How to Apply for Deakin University Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the Deakin International Scholarship:
- You are required to submit:
- A completed Deakin International Scholarship Program application form (PDF, 536KB).
- A personal statement (300 words).
- A completed application to study at Deakin, including academic transcripts
- Please email your completed form to the Deakin International Admissions office.
- You may also be asked to attend an interview.
- You must write your own personal statement and include your personal opinions. It should contain:
- An outline of why you want to study at Deakin University.
- An overview of any extracurricular activities and work experience (paid or voluntary) you have undertaken
- Why do you think you would make an outstanding ambassador for Deakin University?
- Any other information that will assist your application.
- Deakin International will contact successful applicants within six weeks of their application.
- As scholarships are subject to international quotas, students are advised to submit their applications early to increase their chances of success. It is recommended that students submit their scholarship application at least one month prior to commencing their studies at Deakin.