The HKBU Scholarships for Domestic And International Students have been established by the Hong Kong Baptist University for the academic year 2023-2024 in order to help international students pay for their studies in Hong Kong.
Students from Domestic And International who can prove they are first-year non-locals are eligible to apply for the HKBU scholarship. Any undergraduate program that is offered by Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) is open to students. The full cost of the program being pursued will be covered by the HKBU scholarship award.
The publicly supported Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) is regarded as one of Asia’s premier liberal arts colleges. It is renowned for providing the greatest student experience by promoting students integrity, creativity, communication, and employability. It is placed 610th among the Best Global Universities.
The mission of Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) is to provide education, research, and service of the highest caliber. It aspires to be a top liberal arts university in Asia, serving the entire world by providing academic excellence in a compassionate, creative, and international environment.
Interesting Facts About Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU)
The English-speaking, publicly-funded tertiary liberal arts college known as Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) has a history of Christian education. American Baptists helped found Hong Kong Baptist College and contributed early running and construction funding, as well as staff, to the institution. In 1983, it converted to a public college.
Under the leadership of Dr. Daniel Tse Chi-wai, LLD, GBS, CBE, JP, who took over for Dr. Lam Chi-fung as the University’s second president in 1971, it became Hong Kong Baptist University in 1994. Dr. Daniel Tse Chi-wai departed from the university in 2001 after 30 years of service, and Prof. Ng Ching-fai, GBS, was named as the university’s third president.
Prof. Albert Chan Sun-chi became the fourth president of HKBU in 2010. Prof. Roland Chin was chosen to serve as the fifth President of HKBU in 2015. Prof. Alexander Ping-kong Wai was appointed the sixth President and vice chancellor of HKBU on February 1, 2021.
Ho Sin Hang Campus was founded in 1966; Shaw Campus in 1995; Baptist University Road Campus in 1998; Kai Tak Campus in 2005; and Shek Mun Campus in 2006. These are the five main campuses of HKBU. These campuses house the College of International Education and the Hong Kong Baptist University Affiliated School, Wong Kam Fai Secondary and Primary School.
While the Kai Tak Campus is situated on Kwun Tong Road and the Shek Mun Campus is situated in the Shek Mun section of Sha Tin District close to Shek Mun station, the first three campuses are situated in the Kowloon Tsai neighborhood’s urban core.
The Beijing Normal University-Hong Kong Baptist University The university in Zhuhai, China, founded United International College (UIC) in 2005. The college was the first institution of higher learning to be established as a result of cooperation between a university on the Mainland and one in Hong Kong.
HKBU Scholarship Highlights
- University or Organization: Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU)
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Full Tuition fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong.
- Application Deadline: Open.
Eligibility For HKBU Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Domestic And International Students can apply.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Students can apply for an undergraduate program of their choice available at HKBU.
How to Apply For HKBU Scholarship?
- How to Apply: Students must submit their admission applications via the online application system of the university. HKBU Scholarship application details can be obtained here.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit a high school graduation diploma and other documents required by the course they wish to join at HKBU.
- Admission Requirements: The students applying must have SAT or ACT results with a minimum of 1200 or 23 scores rescores,vely.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79.
- IELTS – 6.0.
- C1/C2 – Grade C.
HKBU Scholarship Benefits
The Domestic And International candidates selected by the Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) to be awarded the HKBU scholarship will be provided full tuition fee cover of the undertaken programme.