Continue your education in the United Kingdom. There’s good news! Queen Mary University Herchel Smith is applying for a PhD in Intellectual Property. Scholarships are now open. We will go through the details of this scholarship programme, its perks, and the application process step by step in this article.
Queen Mary University Herchel Smith, PhD in Intellectual Property Scholarships for international students in the years 2023 are completely financed. Queen Mary University offers these scholarships. These scholarships cover all tuition fees and provide an annual award of roughly £17,000.
The Queen Mary University Herchel Smith PhD Scholarship Program honours and supports outstanding full-time students who have the potential to make significant contributions to the field of intellectual property law. This Queen Mary University programme assists intellectual property law PhD students as well as those researching at the confluence of intellectual property law and other sciences and humanities fields.
The Queen Mary University School of Law is ranked among the top ten law schools in the United Kingdom for research excellence, and internationally recognised faculty serve as advisors to industry, governments, and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) on a national and international level. At the length of their studies, successful beneficiaries of this scholarship will work for the Queen Mary Intellectual Property Law Research Institute on research support and other relevant duties for up to 6 hours per week (QMIPRI).
Interesting Facts About Queen Mary University
Queen Mary University of London, commonly known as Queen Mary or QMUL, is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom. It is a constituent college of the University of London and was established in 1785. Queen Mary University is known for its excellence in teaching and research across a wide range of disciplines.
The Queen Mary University offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in areas such as humanities, social sciences, medicine and dentistry, science and engineering, and business and economics. It is recognized for its strong focus on research, with numerous research centers and institutes covering various fields of study.
Queen Mary University has a vibrant and multicultural student body, with students from over 160 countries. The university provides a supportive and inclusive environment for learning and offers a range of student services and facilities, including libraries, sports facilities, and student societies.
The Queen Mary University is affiliated with several prestigious institutions and is a member of various academic associations. It collaborates with industry partners, government organizations, and international institutions to foster research and innovation.
Queen Mary University is spread across several campuses, with its main campus located in Mile End, East London. It also has campuses in Whitechapel and Charterhouse Square, which are primarily focused on medical and dental programs. In addition, the university has a presence in Malta through its medical school.
As with any university, it’s advisable to visit the official website of Queen Mary University for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding its programs, admission requirements, and other relevant details.
- Level of Study: PhD
- University Name: Queen Mary University
- Study in: London, UK
- Program Period: 3 years as full time. 6 years as part time.
- Deadline: Friday 2 June 2023
Also check: Macquarie University Scholarships 2023 Australia
Queen Mary University Opportunity Focus Areas:
IPRs and public international law/private international law; IPRs and intangible cultural/scientific heritage; IPRs and human rights; Doctrine of functionality; The role of intellectual property law in promoting and regulating art; intersection of international trade and intellectual property law (e.g. Patents and Trade in Stem Cells; Trade Marks and Tobacco Plain Packaging); intellectual property transactions (e.g. Licensing of Broadcasting Rights for Premier League matches); interrelationship of TRIPS with regional and national Law (e.g. TRIPS and the European Patent Convention); philosophy of intellectual property; primary and secondary markets in IP; Art 102 TFEU applied to “double identity” TM cases; property rights in persona; enforcement of IP; exhaustion and licensing.
Intellectual Property PhD – Queen Mary University Herchel Smith Scholarships will cover
- All tuition fees,
- Award of around £17,000 per year (reviewed annually) will be paid to the recipient on a regular basis throughout the academic year starting from September 2023.
To be eligible for Intellectual Property PhD – Queen Mary University Herchel Smith Scholarships, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Required Language: English. (IELTS and other tests required)
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- The award is for new applicants who will enroll at the start of the coming academic year, in September 2023.
- Applicant must be a PhD students in intellectual property law and those working at the intersection of intellectual property law and other areas of sciences and humanities.
- (IELTS: 7.0 overall including 7.0 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening and Speaking.)TOEFL: 100 overall including 27 in Writing, 18 in Reading, 17 in Listening and 20 in Speaking. Also other tests can be accepted .
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to avail the Queen Mary University scholarship:
The following documents are required
- Any additional documents relating to this qualification (e.g. translations, reverse of transcript) maximimum of 5 uploads
- A copy of your original certificate and/or transcript
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, language.
- If you are a member of any professional organisations (e.g. GMC, Bar) please provide the organisation name and your registration number (where applicable)
- A CV (curriculum vitae) or résumé is a summary of your education and any employment to date.
- A brief (1,000 words maximum) personal statement that: Explains your interest in this area Describes any relevant research experience – for example, as part of a previous degree Lists any academic work you have published or which is awaiting publication
- Proof of funding or scholarship
- Research Proposal include ; Proposed supervisor; Have you already made contact with the supervisor(s) ; Proposed project title / Studentship title ; Research group ; What is your proposed start date?
- Two refrees and their contacts
- Make an on-line application, to the PhD programme prior to the funding submission deadline will be considered for funding :for full time here and part time here , then register next, log in after that apply as a new applicant
- Follow your application step by step
- Click submit button once only
- For more information about application, follow this link
- If you have any queries relating to the PhD funding application process, please email the School of Law PhD Admissions Administrator, Mr G Skehan by email on email@example.com
- Notifications to be considered as a funding applicant not an applicant to the PhD programme only.
- There is a section within the PhD online application form labelled ‘Funding’. (To notify that ‘I will fund my studies by other means’).
- Then in the ‘Please give details of any scholarships or grants you are applying for or have already secured’, you should specifically state that (you wish to apply for a Queen Mary University School of Law Herchel Smith award).
Important Notes :
- Applicants should note the School of Law, unlike other PhD programmes at QMUL, has no formal requirement for applicants to contact an academic staff member to arrange for supervision to be agreed prior to submission of their full application. All applications, in the first instance, are reviewed by Research Admissions Director.
- If you want to apply for Queen Mary University Herchel Smith funding and have already submitted your main application (without indicating that you wish to be considered for one of our funding awards) you must contact Mr Gareth Skehan, PhD Admissions Administrator, before the deadline by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, and state the award that you want to apply for. Without this specific email notification you will not be considered for Queen Mary University Herchel Smith funding.
- The Director has an overview of the supervisory capabilities and availabilities of all academic staff within the School, so applications are always reviewed, if they are considered strong enough by the Director, by academics with research expertise relevant to an applicant’s proposed area of study.
- However, the College’s On-line application system requires applicants to confirm the name of a proposed supervisor (in the ‘Research Proposal’ section).
- As Law has no requirement here, applicants can simply name their proposed supervisor as a ‘School of Law supervisor’, without having to name a specific member of staff (although they are free to do so if they wish).